Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:04 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by Snorkel 378 TH
I wish SAT would get some love. Would love a JFK/LGA
DCA
but I doubt we would get it as a perimeter thing, despite the huge military presence.
Would love MEX as well
Also DFW-MNL/CEB
I believe AA did fly to the Philippines at one point not sure from what port.
I might be making things up, but I think US flew DCA-SAT prior to the merger with a slot exemption (which obviously moved somewhere else if this is true since then).
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: AAdavantage Member
Deleted
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by billgrates3
What about SFO to ANYWHERE INTERNATIONAL, esp. LHR, so we don't have to fly BA.
Much as I'd like that, it'd be pretty abnormal from a non-hub for any US airline.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
ORD-MEX. Makes no sense to not have a direct. I think LCCs like Volaris drove them out but UA and AM both have directs still.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Would love if they brought back HPN-PHL. Also HVN-DCA, CLT, or ORD, but don't know if that would happen unless they pave the runway longer.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
JFK - ZRH
When did AA stop this route? I remember AA flying this route with the 763. Why did they stop the route - too much competition from *A or ST carriers?
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:33 pm

For my purposes I'd like BOS-MXP, or at least a return of US's short-lived PHL-MXP.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Time traveller
When did AA stop this route? I remember AA flying this route with the 763. Why did they stop the route - too much competition from *A or ST carriers?
Loss of a few corporate contracts? I took this flight back in Dec. While it was fairly full in J but i believe it was very light in the back. The load factor cant be good. LX provides an excellent onboard product but I cant stand the Swiss so I choose not to fly them. But they probably cornered the market on this route.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Time traveller
I believe they lost the big corporate contracts with Cresit Suisse, UBS etc. To DL and LX.

that combined with the focus moving to PHL, the route got whacked.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by rjw242
Much as I'd like that, it'd be pretty abnormal from a non-hub for any US airline.
yup. Not sure why AA would even try on SFO-LHR. With 2 BA, 2 UA and 2 Virgin flights, the route is pretty well covered.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by dfw88
There's a pretty fun thread going on on the Delta board right now, entitled What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?. I think (and I'm sure many here would agree) that routes and route speculation are fun, so I figured I'd start a similar thread for American. Mods, if one already exists that I didn't see then please feel free to merge.

Anyway, I'll start. My in-laws live near the Tri-Cities in Washington State so I really wish AA flew to PSC. PHX-PSC would probably make the most sense and would mean that I wouldn't need the Alaska codeshare to get out there. On the other hand, I can totally understand why they don't fly that route...

Anyone else have any wishlist flights? Either brand new or formerly served?

SEA-PHL early morning flight
Can no longer fly non-stop to catch the PHL-MUC 4:40pm flight.
Also AA just added SEA-PHL Flight 2113 non-stop but it arrives too late to fly to most destinations in Europe except PRG.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by euromannn
SEA-PHL early morning flight
Can no longer fly non-stop to catch the PHL-MUC 4:40pm flight.
Also AA just added SEA-PHL Flight 2113 non-stop but it arrives too late to fly to most destinations in Europe except PRG.
For this week at least, 2113 is scheduled to arrive in PHL at 4:24. While it may not connect with MUC at 4:40, it does connect with FRA (6:25), FCO (6:30), MAD (5:05--MCT is :35 coming from mainline or :40 coming from Eagle), BCN (6:45), AMS (6:55), LHR (7:20), VCE (6:45), ZRH (6:35), GLA (7:05), and BUD (6:20)--I may have missed one or two. The only ones in the early (5-7pm) bank that it misses are MUC as you pointed out and ATH (4:30). Flights in the later 8-9pm bank (CDG, MAN, LIS, LHR, etc.) are served by the noon departure from SEA arriving in PHL at 8:11.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
DFW/DAL/GKY to DME or PPT
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:29 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by dkc192
For this week at least, 2113 is scheduled to arrive in PHL at 4:24. While it may not connect with MUC at 4:40, it does connect with FRA (6:25), FCO (6:30), MAD (5:05--MCT is :35 coming from mainline or :40 coming from Eagle), BCN (6:45), AMS (6:55), LHR (7:20), VCE (6:45), ZRH (6:35), GLA (7:05), and BUD (6:20)--I may have missed one or two. The only ones in the early (5-7pm) bank that it misses are MUC as you pointed out and ATH (4:30). Flights in the later 8-9pm bank (CDG, MAN, LIS, LHR, etc.) are served by the noon departure from SEA arriving in PHL at 8:11.
Thank good info for connecting flights to Europe.

I did a 30k mile award saver check for September and AMS was available($5.60 in taxes), BUD($25.00 in taxes); Gla ($65.40 in taxes); VCE ($5.60); BCN ($5.60)

I did book today for September SEA-PRG 30k AA Award + ($25.00 in taxes).
SEA - MUC October 2018 30K * ($105.00 in taxes).
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: AA - EXP, UA - resigned in protest, Marriott - Platinum, Pepsi - Platinum, TSA One-Finger Saluter
BUR-DFW

Used to be 4 Mad Dogs a day, then 3, then suddenly 0. For those of us in the northern parts of Los Angeles, it's a hassle to drive to LAX (especially in the mornings) to get anywhere other than PHX on AA metal.
Science Goy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.