Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:39 am
Original Poster

There's a pretty fun thread going on on the Delta board right now, entitled What (nonstop) route do you wish Delta would really have?. I think (and I'm sure many here would agree) that routes and route speculation are fun, so I figured I'd start a similar thread for American. Mods, if one already exists that I didn't see then please feel free to merge.

Anyway, I'll start. My in-laws live near the Tri-Cities in Washington State so I really wish AA flew to PSC. PHX-PSC would probably make the most sense and would mean that I wouldn't need the Alaska codeshare to get out there. On the other hand, I can totally understand why they don't fly that route...

Anyone else have any wishlist flights? Either brand new or formerly served?
LINDEGR likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Well, we already know the LIT A380 hub will start off serving NRT, SIN, DXB, JNB, and BOM, and grow from there, so no need to wish for those routes anymore.

But selfishly, Hawaii flights out of SFO would be nice (and about as likely as the above )
ElmhurstNick and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
IAH-NYC is one. I took the short-lived IAH-JFK flight regularly and it was incredibly convenient.

I'll add MSY-NYC. AA ran a RJ MSY-LGA for a while, then you could take MSY-JFK on the jetblue codeshare and still earn miles, now it's either jetblue or delta exclusively.
only1percent and george 3 like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by rjw242
Well, we already know the LIT A380 hub will be serving NRT, SIN, DXB, JNB, and BOM, among others, so no need to wish for those routes anymore.

I would settle for service from LIT to MIA, LAX, and PHL so I no longer have to double connect to a lot of international destinations.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oopsz
IAH-NYC is one. I took the short-lived IAH-JFK flight regularly and it was incredibly convenient.

I'll add MSY-NYC. AA ran a RJ MSY-LGA for a while, then you could take MSY-JFK on the jetblue codeshare and still earn miles, now it's either jetblue or delta exclusively.
It continually blows my mind that no one offers service between the biggest airports of our country's first and fourth largest cities.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by dfw88
It continually blows my mind that no one offers service between the biggest airports of our country's first and fourth largest cities.
Just doesn't make a ton of sense, I guess. There's a ton of flights from IAH to LGA/EWR (and a good number from HOU to LGA/JFK), so O&D demand is easily handled (unless you specifically need to be in a part of Queens or Long Island better reached by JFK). Most of the international destinations you'd access via JFK which aren't available nonstop are just as easily transited via ORD or foreign airports.

It was just nice to have an option on AA that didn't require a hop to DFW first.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
I miss SNA-JFK and LAX-SJO
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by oopsz

I took the IAH-JFK flight a number of times and it was really convenient. Work in NYC until around 3pm and then public transit it to JFK from midtown. Easy.

While we are on it:

JFK-DEN at a more reasonable time. There is (or was) one a day, but it is clear that it was a strategy to use an idle jet as the hours were not reasonable for business travel. Red eye coming back from Denver.
newbiztraveler likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
United has non stops from EWR and LGA to IAH.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by george 3
United has non stops from EWR and LGA to IAH.
(bolding mine)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
One of my biggest wishes was fulfilled with the resumption of ORD-HNL, albeit as a seasonal flight.

That said, all of the serious (i.e. non-LIT ) discussion on here so far has been domestic. Why not international? I'd add something to BRU (there used to be service from ORD and PHL, though maybe not at the same time), TXL, VIE, CPH (these European ones would probably make most sense from PHL), and MEL (from LAX). AA has indicated that they're fairly averse to starting ultra-long haul flights, so I'll leave ones like LAX-SIN out of the discussion.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I wish AA would offer more service out of HOU (currently only DFW). HOU is a vastly superior airport to IAH.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
While I like flying BA, BOS-LHR would be nice. Alas.
SK and lovexylitol like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by astanley
While I like flying BA, BOS-LHR would be nice. Alas.
Me to
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
JFK - ZRH/AMS/FRA. Not gonna happen unfortunately.
AANYC1981 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.