Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:04 am

At the expense of repeating myself: TLV, TLV, TLV, TLV, TLV, TLV, TLV, TLV, IST.

Last edited by perseus11; Jun 20, 2018 at 12:11 am
Old Jun 20, 2018, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Another vote for ORD-HOU and CLT-HOU. IAH A terminal is horrible.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:59 am
amm

SFO-PDX
SFO-SEA
SFO-YVR
SFO-SNA
SFO-LAS
BWI/IAD-MAN
DCA-YTZ

For the last one, my fever dream would be for Porter to fly out of the 35X replacement (oneworld connect or some random JV) and AA using those slots at IAD.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:40 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
This thread is going on in the Delta forum as well. My answer is the same for both threads:

PIT-LAX!
US @ DEN likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: AA LP pleb, QR Plat., Bonvoy Ti, IHG Diamond Amb, Foolish Hoarder of Miles, Fid. Def.
Originally Posted by bridge29
Starting PHL-PEK which US requested approval for but never launched.

PHL-TLV
PEK/PHL would be nice, but as long as we're wishing, let me bid for PEK/STL. I want the TWA routes back and more, goldurnit!
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
DFW-BOM
MIA-BOM
(just for me ATL-BOM)
Old Jun 20, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP
LGA-FLL

I understand they run a hub down in Miami, but it seems crazy they don't serve FLL given the growth in Ft. Lauderdale, cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, and all the customers who live far north of Miami. The LGA-PBI flight is only seasonal (and only once a day run it runs). I think they used to serve JFK-FLL but stripped it away for whatever reason.
ronp101 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
I'm hoping they bring back JFK - SXM - it's a pain to fly through Miami
sambagrrl07 likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Like many others including 100% of AA employees I've spoken to, PHL-TLV. This route was awarded AA/US most profitable route with local TLV management 1 month prior to cutting the route.
OAG's number 2 undeserved non-stop route is TLV, so JFK-TLV would be good as an alternative.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador & LT Titanium, UA Silver, AA PLT
JFK or LGA to DEN at normal commuting times, please.
US @ DEN and george 3 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:37 am

ORD-MXP
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AA
Regarding PHL-TLV.

I don't have any insider info as to whether this route was profitable.

But it seems like such a lucrative route for other airlines and LUS was certainly very proud of it. I'm surprised at AA's claim it wasn't profitable.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by euromannn
SEA-PHL early morning flight
Can no longer fly non-stop to catch the PHL-MUC 4:40pm flight.
Also AA just added SEA-PHL Flight 2113 non-stop but it arrives too late to fly to most destinations in Europe except PRG.
With BA in SEA and lots of competition to Europe right now, AA might not feel it's worthwhile to compete for TA connections.

PHL-SEA has always seemingly had a tight schedule focused around O&D.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:47 am

I respect all the people asking for more SFO and BOS flights, but it's not gonna happen. AA isn't interested in non-hub to spoke flights anymore. Maybe that will change, but with most of the biggest cities in the U.S. already covered, I don't see why it would any time soon.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
This one probably doesn't matter to anyone else here, but the only thing I really want is my tiny airport (SWO - Stillwater OK) to connect to ORD. Right now, the only flights we have are 17 a week to DFW.
Though, I really don't mind connecting through DFW, ORD has the advantage of more convenient/shorter travel times to travel to the north and northeast airports which is most often where I am headed. And it would make it possible on some routes (like to DTW) to be on two regionals for easier boarding/deplaning and more comfortable seats than having to take a cramped project oasis 737. Also, ORD seems to have somewhat cheaper international fares. At least, when I price out international flights, AA often has a SWO-DFW-ORD-(X) route as a cheaper fare than SWO-DFW-(X)

Though I feel like the SWO-DFW routes are quite full when I fly (usually no more than 2 or 3 empty seats), the reported load factor is somewhere around 70% according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics and they just added three more weekly flights to DFW which has yet to play out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.