Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

PSA computer glitch impacting CLT (14-21 Jun 2018)

Old Jun 17, 18, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

PSA operations again impacted by computer issues. Currently waiting at CLT to depart for ROA (operated by Piedmont) on concourse E, and its getting ugly. Looks like a PSA ground stop no ETA.

Last edited by LAX_BillyJoe; Jun 18, 18 at 9:52 pm Reason: Updating
Old Jun 17, 18, 12:46 pm

Must be these guys in charge...

cedric likes this.
Old Jun 17, 18, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Is this how AA is "Going for Great"?
Old Jun 17, 18, 1:20 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm. SPG LT Titanium. UA 712,524 miles and no longer trying.
Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
Is this how AA is "Going for Great"?
They have already told us it is not AA but one of their partner airlines. The fact it is a wholly owned subsidiary is just small print.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Jun 17, 18, 3:52 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
My PSA flight Monday just cancelled.
Old Jun 17, 18, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thunderlounge View Post
Must be these guys in charge...

Somebody forgot to file their TPS reports.
Old Jun 17, 18, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Yep, family member stuck on this one heading to ORF (on Navy orders nonetheless)...
Old Jun 17, 18, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
What precisely was the PSA glitch? Its causing havoc again on Father's Day, which is sad. I'm on mainline, and everything appears operationally normal, but half the airport is in full meltdown.
Old Jun 17, 18, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA
Multiple cancelled flights and a 860mi drive

I was due to return home to Florida (VPS) from Newport News, VA (PHF) last Friday, but all flights out of PHF to CLT were cancelled. The EXP customer service rep was great, but couldn't get me out on any other airline either. The next available flight wouldn't get me to Florida until after 3pm on Saturday. I chose to extend my car rental and drive 13+ hrs. I was due to return to PHF today from Florida, but all flights to CLT from VPS were cancelled but the EXP customer service rep was able to get me out of Pensacola (PNS) via CLT on Monday at 0600. Well, that flight cancelled and so I called EXP customer service and they were able to get me on a flight from PNS to Reagan National to Norfolk on Monday 0600. Crazy flight disruption for me. At least I get to spend more time at home with the family.
Old Jun 17, 18, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
This is absolutely ridiculous. Does AA even have a waiver up for this? If people cancel, will they get reimbursed? Is AA reimbursing people who have to rent cars? I was stuck in the madness on Thursday, and fortunately am home for now, but I have some non-elite friends who may have to drive home from CLT to DAB.

I do not even see a waiver/alert on AA's page.
LAX_BillyJoe likes this.
Old Jun 17, 18, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

All PSA flights for remainder Sunday night and Monday morning now cancelled

Originally Posted by LAX_BillyJoe View Post
PSA operations again impacted by computer issues. Currently waiting at CLT to depart for ROA (operated by Piedmont) on concourse E, and its getting ugly. Looks like a PSA ground stop no ETA.
Old Jun 18, 18, 6:15 am

This airline sucks for communication that's for sure. There's nothing on the website or app about major travel issues (on 6/17). Wasn't given any sort of warning.

I arrived via a connection into CLT from a regular American flight, trying to get to Norfolk. At noon they were still showing the 920am flight to ORF as delayed so I knew something was wrong. Huge lines of people waiting for customer service. I finally gave up and went to a gate to ask a counter person what was going on.

Flight 5447 finally went after a 8 hour delay. Fortunately American put out a basket of free chips to make up for it.

Whatever happened to the passenger bill of rights - lol.

edit - forgot to mention, National, Avis, Hertz, etc, had no car available by the time I got there.
Old Jun 18, 18, 6:30 am

Programs: AA - Platinum; 1W Sapphire; HHonors - Silver; UA dirt
Originally Posted by LAX_BillyJoe View Post
All PSA flights for remainder Sunday night and Monday morning now cancelled
I wonder if this was a CLT decision and not PSA-system wide. My SO wound up flying last night PHL-ORF on PSA and it did depart around 11:25 pm. It was either that or rent a car and drive 250 miles....
Old Jun 18, 18, 7:30 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage PPRO, HHonors Gold, Marriott Silver, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
From the F-bombs dropped in the CLT Admirals Club this morning when people looked at the Departures board, AA has done no proactive notification of this problem when people check in on mainline for the first part of their flights. I'm certain there are people who just would've cancelled their trips rather than fly to CLT then get stuck there.
Old Jun 18, 18, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta, AA-Gold, Hilton-Gold
I got lucky enough to get in this yesterday. It was pure chaos in E terminal but outside of one guy losing his mind everyone seemed to be very respectful. I assume it was due to it being a sunday and most passengers were casual travelers so you didn't have much of the DYKWIA crowd around. We ended up only being delayed around 4 hours but the bad part about it was the stress of having no clue what is going on. No one had any idea when incoming planes were leaving nor if they were even going to leave at all. Most gates had 3-4 flights worth of people sitting at them waiting on their plane to show up. For most of our wait I was thoroughly convinced we weren't getting out. No rental cars available at the Airport either so options to get home were quite limited. It really is embarrassing that it's 2018 and a major carrier doesn't have a backup computer system to at least keep some operations running. I'm going to email them so I'll update with what compensation I get but it was disappointing missing fathers day with my 1 year old.

BTW Mainline was operating fine.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: