Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Middle bulkhead main cabin extra vs standard aisle

Old Jun 16, 18, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

I need some advice please.

Iím flying on an A330-300 CLT to FCO this week. I paid for main cabin extra - row 8 middle seat (bulkhead) but am not second guessing myself. Iím a big guy and need extra space for the tray table. Iím worried that the armrest tray table wonít be big enough for me to use it comfortably. I can use a tray table in a regular seat just fine. Also - I canít tell if thereís enough legroom for me to get out of my seat without the person on the aisle getting up first. Also worried about whether there are power ports in the bulkhead seats. The free alcohol is nice though.

What do you all recommend - stay where I am or move to a main cabin aisle seat?
Old Jun 16, 18, 10:48 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
I don't know why anyone would voluntarily take a middle seat unless they were seated next to someone in their party.
MSP_Monopoly, masonp123 and Uzzar like this.
Old Jun 16, 18, 10:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by donotblink View Post
I don't know why anyone would voluntarily take a middle seat unless they were seated next to someone in their party.
If the person is tall and having extra legroom is important to that person, then if only a middle exit seat was available, would be understandable. I have done the same myself
Old Jun 17, 18, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kdern View Post
Also - I canít tell if thereís enough legroom for me to get out of my seat without the person on the aisle getting up first.
As a big guy, no - unless the person at the aisle is particularly small.
Old Jun 17, 18, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
MCE provides extra leg room. That is it. Same hard product as all of Y.

Unless you are extremely skinny and extremely tall, a middle seat is always the worst of the three options.
GunsOfNavarone likes this.
Old Jun 17, 18, 8:28 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAEE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat, US CP (RIP)
Bulkhead seats are narrower than standard seats, so depends on how you define being a big guy. And since the tray table is in the armrest I find it is often closer to my body than in regular seats.

Advantage to an aisle seat is that you may have a moveable armrest that can be lifted in flight giving you an extra inch of width.

So my decision would be based on are you wide, tall, or both?

As to alcohol... what benefits are you expecting on an international flight for MCE versus main cabin?
E55 likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: