Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

"A" class advance booking GONE from JFK-LAX flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Usually, company pays for biz class transcon. I will upgrade with miles. Last evening noticed that AA has REMOVED "A" class from advanced bookings from JFK-LAX for the foreseeable future.... This is yet another wonderful "enhancement" at AA. Quite miserable and for those of us that travel trans con for a living a real change... Just wanted to alert everyone...
Old Jun 15, 2018, 7:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Is this a temporary glitch, or permanent?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP LT PLT, AS 75K, B6 Mosaic, HH D, Hyatt Globalist
Perhaps there was a change to when they are allocated? Doing a search on EF, a few A inventory shows up until 20 Jun - after that zero'd out. Will need to test the today + 5, hypothesis, to see if any A get released for 21 Jun.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:43 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by RTW4
Usually, company pays for biz class transcon. I will upgrade with miles. Last evening noticed that AA has REMOVED "A" class from advanced bookings from JFK-LAX for the foreseeable future.... This is yet another wonderful "enhancement" at AA. Quite miserable and for those of us that travel trans con for a living a real change... Just wanted to alert everyone...
I don't know many people that would call it "quite miserable" to be flying in lie flat business class seating on a transcon. Next thing you know people will complain that it's "quite miserable" to fly AA First on a transcon when they're used to flying a G650. #1stworldproblem
Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
It's not the actual seat for most, but why have a "neighbor" if you don't have too - is the likely mentality.....and I agree!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by JDiver
Is this a temporary glitch, or permanent?
I have been checking JFK-LAX A space for an AONE5 itinerary I'm working on for next February. Same thing there. One day there was plenty of A availability, the next day nothing. On any day. And I just had to flip the itinerary and start planning it in reverse to make the dates/flights work. Same problem LAX-JFK.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHL
I don't know many people that would call it "quite miserable" to be flying in lie flat business class seating on a transcon. Next thing you know people will complain that it's "quite miserable" to fly AA First on a transcon when they're used to flying a G650. #1stworldproblem
Sure, but I am seeing flights 2-3 hours from departure showing F7 or F6 and J0... so either those F seats are
1. Held for corporate contracts
2. AA is being stingy for fun
3. F is on the way out.

Just is a bit odd as to why you would be F7, J0, Y1.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Seems like it might have been a glitch. I am seeing A space again on SFO/LAX <--> JFK. I did have a mild panic attack this morning when I saw all A space zeroed out.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by RTW4
Oh noes, you have to fly in lie-flat J with someone sitting next to you. I’m sure that is a war crime where someone belongs in The Hague for violations of the Geneva Conventions.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
I checked random weeks each month July through November and there is A inventory every day, but not on every flight. Definitely enough to find a flight IMO. I did notice that midday flights tend to be zeroed out, but not on all days.
Markie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.