Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Computer glitch grounds OH / PSA Airlines opt’d Eagle flights 14-15 Jun 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 15, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
dave_261 posted “AA just posted this on Twitter: Our partner PSA Airlines is experiencing a technical issue and all flights are cancelled. The first available is tomorrow (15 Jun 2018) evening at 5:54p.
Print Wikipost

Computer glitch grounds OH / PSA Airlines opt’d Eagle flights 14-15 Jun 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DCP2016
This is the price AA pays (and unfortunately the passengers as well) for funneling everyone and their grandmothers through CLT. Like DL at ATL there are many regional operations at that only fly out of CLT leaving no alternative for events like this.

Good job Parker.
You would really struggle with an economic argument to break up PSA's ~300 CLT departures over three or four carriers to avoid a rare problem like this. You would have crew (scheduling) and aircraft (can't be flown by another carrier) inefficiencies up the wazoo.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Was stranded at HPN last night trying to fly into CLT. Spent an hour on hold to get moved to a 6:15am flight out of LGA. Was really grumpy until I saw pictures of what CLT looked like. Holy cow what a nightmare.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Was really grumpy until I saw pictures of what CLT looked like.
Even if you weren't at CLT, you have a right to be somewhat grumpy.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Looks like AA is giving out bonus miles due to this. I just received 15,000 miles, which I believe I was far more than fair... as I didn’t even have a flight scheduled yesterday/today. Thanks, American?
wrp96, AANYC1981 and thunderlounge like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Originally Posted by Aero137
Looks like AA is giving out bonus miles due to this. I just received 15,000 miles, which I believe I was far more than fair... as I didn’t even have a flight scheduled yesterday/today. Thanks, American?
Wait...what? Did you ask for these or did they just show up
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by cyberkarl
Wait...what? Did you ask for these or did they just show up
I barely even knew about this whole issue. Just saw the headline this morning. Checked my email 45 minutes ago, and there was a message from AA. Miles are already in my account.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by cedric
Huh? Because computers never go down and affect operations at WN, UA or DL?
Not the point I was making. Computer glitches can and have happened at every airline, but this is worse for AA because they make it a point to have a lot of regional traffic on one air carrier at their second largest operation. PSA is basically centered around CLT operations (and a little flying out of PHL/DCA) and there are only a few Republic/Piedmont flights into/out of CLT. So in this case if PSA goes down their CLT operations are screwed and there is very little help from other carriers to pick up the slack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.