E-175's returning to DEN-LAX route!

Old Jun 13, 18, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Hyatt DSC, HHonors/SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG PLT
E-175's returning to DEN-LAX route!

I got a schedule change. My LUS A319's operating DEN-LAX and return in the fall were swapped for the Compass E-175's. I, for one, am very happy about this change. The LUS A319's are God awful comfort and upgrade wise. I'll forego the occasional hot meal to fly on these newer, more comfortable aircraft, even if it means the Eagle's nest. There are still some A319 frequencies, however.
Old Jun 13, 18, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
As a DEN-based flyer:
Old Jun 13, 18, 11:47 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
👎 to this. Keep the LUS319s out west where I don't go as often! We don't need any more of them in CLT.
dciolli and deeruck like this.
Old Jun 14, 18, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
I was booking a DFW-MSP earlier this week when I noticed the flight in the AM I usually take has been switched to the dreadful LUS A319. Ugh.

Therefore, I booked DFW-FAR on the E175 instead.
KBMIFlyer likes this.
Old Jun 14, 18, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
The E-175 also has three more available F seats for upgrades than the 319. Which is stunning on a bunch of other levels.
Pasqualle7 likes this.
Old Jun 14, 18, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Splat, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Explodist, IHG Splat
Originally Posted by econometrics View Post
I was booking a DFW-MSP earlier this week when I noticed the flight in the AM I usually take has been switched to the dreadful LUS A319. Ugh.

Therefore, I booked DFW-FAR on the E175 instead.
Agreed that the E15 is a far better experience, but aren't all LUS and LAA A319s the same now after they ripped out the interiors on the LUS planes along with four F seats?
Old Jun 15, 18, 3:08 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Pros and cons, all identified here, for the E175 v A319 serving the route. I personally hope they keep the frequency 4x daily or more: AM, midday, PM, and late night to connect to Pacific flight bank.

All LUS A319s I’ve flown on this route have been fully renovated, incl MCE and power - obviously no seat back IFE, but otherwise identical to LAA’s A319s as I can tell.

Interesting observation when AA last flew the 175s to DEN: a group of 5-6 guys who took a bro’s trip to Colorado boarded and commented, “Man, American can’t even fly a ‘real’ plane from Denver to LA? Delta flies big jets.” Interesting commentary/perception from average flier.

I see NK is discontinuing DEN-LAX...hope it gives existing service the support it needs - it was/probably still is a bloodbath with AA, DL, UA, F9, WN on the route.
Old Jun 15, 18, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Proud Charter Member of the OUM
Originally Posted by US @ DEN View Post
I see NK is discontinuing DEN-LAX...hope it gives existing service the support it needs - it was/probably still is a bloodbath with AA, DL, UA, F9, WN on the route.
It's a weird market. Frontier and Spirit scoop up the Joads at $150 RT; UA and DL get around $215; and then AA tries to charge $250-$400 or more on the route.
Old Jun 15, 18, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by born sleepy View Post
Agreed that the E15 is a far better experience, but aren't all LUS and LAA A319s the same now after they ripped out the interiors on the LUS planes along with four F seats?
LAA A319's have seat-back IFE.

Although it seems the LUS A319's are getting the 2Ku wifi first so far.
Old Jun 15, 18, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by US @ DEN View Post

Interesting observation when AA last flew the 175s to DEN: a group of 5-6 guys who took a bro’s trip to Colorado boarded and commented, “Man, American can’t even fly a ‘real’ plane from Denver to LA? Delta flies big jets.”
Delta's schedule DEN-LAX this coming Monday is 2X A319 (power, AVOD, 2Ku wifi) and 2x 717 (power, no AVOD, Gogo ATG-4, I think).