AA.com vs Alaska award availability

Old Jun 13, 18, 9:11 am
Original Poster

AA.com vs Alaska award availability

I'm finding way more and better biz saver availability when looking on alaska's website than on AA.com. Can I book what I'm seeing on alaska's website with AA miles by calling AA, or might there actually be more availability with alaska miles that I can't get with AA Miles?
Old Jun 13, 18, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
It would seem odd if AA awards have more availability with AS miles than with AA miles, since I assume they are the same booking class.
Of course, I have previously found differences between AA availability for miles versus Business Extraa points, not more or less (I didn't measure), but different
Old Jun 13, 18, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by dpakman91 View Post
or might there actually be more availability with alaska miles that I can't get with AA Miles?
If you're talking about all AA-operated segments, I would guess that is phantom availability - it won't be available when you call AA. It may be databases not syncing up. It may be AA applying married segment logic.
Old Jun 13, 18, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
If you're talking about all AA-operated segments, I would guess that is phantom availability - it won't be available when you call AA. It may be databases not syncing up. It may be AA applying married segment logic.
it is both AA metal and partner availability. For example, on alaska, BOS-ORD-NRT flights are showing up that don't on AA.com, and also hainan flights are showing up that don't on AA.com
Old Jun 13, 18, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by dpakman91 View Post
it is both AA metal and partner availability. For example, on alaska, BOS-ORD-NRT flights are showing up that don't on AA.com, and also hainan flights are showing up that don't on AA.com
Hainan is certainly not a mileage redemption partner with AA so this is no surprise.

But for the AA flights, have you called AA to check on the BOS-ORD-NRT?
Old Jun 13, 18, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey View Post
Hainan is certainly not bookable at aa.com so this is no surprise.

But for the AA flights, have you called AA to check on the BOS-ORD-NRT?
I have not called in about that one.
Old Jun 13, 18, 1:33 pm

Different Availability Showing on Laptop and Phone

I booked an AAdvantage Award on Alaska Airlines last week. I will tell you, there is an issue with aa.com. When I search for flights on my smart phone there is MUCH LESS AAdvantage Award availability showing than when I check from my Laptop (I have cleared cookies, used different browsers, incognito mode, etc., to troubleshoot). It seems to be for flights with a connection (e.g., if I search from where the 2nd flight begins, it seems correct for the 2nd portion, but that first portion's award availability doesn't always appear on my phone). I noticed this sometime last week and it persists to the present. It's odd! {So if using a mobile phone on aa.com, be sure to go to the bottom of the page and click for the Full Site option to see greater availability.}
Beachmom333 likes this.

Last edited by miles4sheli; Jun 17, 18 at 6:05 pm
Old Aug 10, 19, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
So, now I am seeing W fare class is showing up on AAdvantage awards, isn't W class a revenue fare?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: