Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Why Do All Seats Get Grayed Out After Schedule Change

Old Jun 11, 18, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite

I just had a schedule change impacting three flights on one itinerary. I wanted to make sure that the equipment and seats carried over to the new flights and I noticed that all the seats are grayed out other than my own. I also checked aa.com by searching for a dummy booking and the seat maps show correctly. This isn't my first time noticing this, but I thought I'd post to see if anyone has anymore insight into this.
Old Jun 11, 18, 10:58 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Probably an IT glitch. I'd report it to AA if you can.

Minor thread hijack - is it possible to report IT issues for AA without calling them? The contact IT section only has a phone number
Old Jun 11, 18, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta, Amtrak
I have noticed before that the seats are grayed out until you "accept" the change. Then the seat map returns to normal.
Old Jun 11, 18, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I had this yesterday for a small time change, no flight number change.
I called up, and spoke to a very helpful and friendly agent in Trinidad.
She said there was no issue with the seat map on her computer although I could only see the greyed out version with my seat showing online and on the app.
After the call everything working fine.

(I'm impressed with the pictures @donotblink. I must take the time to learn how to do that!)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: