Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2018, 9:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
You'd think the FA's were paying for this alcohol out of their own pockets with how stingy they are, and the worse part is that it's not E- passengers asking for free alcohol, it's FA's not giving passengers a known perk/not following company protocol.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by theshaun
Flew MCE last weekend and had to ask the FA if I got complimentary drinks rather than being offered them.
Ask if you get complimentary drinks? That was your first mistake.

Board the aircraft armed with knowledge, and then order your complimentary drink(s). If there's an attempt to charge, challenge that erroneous position.

Get charged for the beverage? Send a DM (direct message) to AA via Twitter, with the Flight Attendant's name, the flight number, the date, the route. Be direct and ask why this keeps happening. Request a refund of the amount paid and miles for your inconvenience.

If anyone says you are making a big deal over an $8 beer, politely tell them to pound sand.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
It would be great if we could pre-order our drinks like we can with our meals in J and F on long hauls, or how we can pick our seats. Part of the MCE interface on the website should let you pick your drink. Then the FA will work from a manifest that says seat X gets the double Dewars neat.
Whoa, calm down with your good ideas. AA can't even implement a simple "enhancement", now you want technology to take over these FA's jobs?!?
living near shamu likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Proudelitist
It would be great if we could pre-order our drinks like we can with our meals in J and F on long hauls, or how we can pick our seats. Part of the MCE interface on the website should let you pick your drink. Then the FA will work from a manifest that says seat X gets the double Dewars neat.
And the computer should place that person in a middle non-reclining last row next to the newly "enhanced" lavs for ordering such a thing! Dewars White with ice is not quaffable, to order a double neat.....for shame!
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I can’t believe this is still happening lol. Didn’t this start like over a month ago?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by living near shamu
I can’t believe this is still happening lol. Didn’t this start like over a month ago?
June 5th I believe, so you're looking at 2 months now. But hey, it keeps our blood pressure high and active on this thread.
apeortdz likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
I'm sure AA will be just as lax when they roll out Gold not getting a 50% discount on MCE seats on Sept 5.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 1:45 pm

So, free and unlimited alcohol seems like an established and clear benefit, but does anyone know for sure what the food policy is?

The description on the website provides no clarity whatsoever: "Beer, wine and spirits are on us; plus the free snacks and soft drinks. Additional food or drinks may be available for free or to buy, depending on your route."

Is a sandwich a "snack" and thus free or is it "additional food" that may be free but also might not be? Does "plus the free snacks" mean Biscoff/pretzels or does it mean one of the snacks on the menu like Pringles?

If they meant "You may select one item from the food for purchase menu." then why didn't they just say that?
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Check
So, free and unlimited alcohol seems like an established and clear benefit, but does anyone know for sure what the food policy is?

The description on the website provides no clarity whatsoever: "Beer, wine and spirits are on us; plus the free snacks and soft drinks. Additional food or drinks may be available for free or to buy, depending on your route."

Is a sandwich a "snack" and thus free or is it "additional food" that may be free but also might not be? Does "plus the free snacks" mean Biscoff/pretzels or does it mean one of the snacks on the menu like Pringles?

If they meant "You may select one item from the food for purchase menu." then why didn't they just say that?
There is no free food policy for MCE.... Free food for elites would be a different thread
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:28 pm

they're using marketing-speak to make something sound better than it is. They're trying to get the credit & goodwill of giving some kind of snacks/food being given without actually it actually costing them much.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire

The "snack" is indeed the biscoff/pretzels that you normally get in Economy.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton HHonors Gold, Hertz #1 Gold
Flew PHL-AUS 8/10 in MCE (A319). FA comped drinks for pax in bulkhead row but charged all others in MCE. I told her I understood drinks should be comped. She asked me why, and I pointed to the "MCE" label above my seat. She replied that only pax in bulkhead and exit row seats were entitled to free drinks. I politely explained that the website said different. She replied again with the same explanation -- only bulkhead and exit row.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP
Originally Posted by PHLesq
Flew PHL-AUS 8/10 in MCE (A319). FA comped drinks for pax in bulkhead row but charged all others in MCE. I told her I understood drinks should be comped. She asked me why, and I pointed to the "MCE" label above my seat. She replied that only pax in bulkhead and exit row seats were entitled to free drinks. I politely explained that the website said different. She replied again with the same explanation -- only bulkhead and exit row.
Wow, I almost get the feeling that the FA's do not like this new policy, and are playing dumb on purpose to protest.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PHLesq
Please let AA know
EdV, LovePrunes and rumboj like this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
The policy is in the AA magazine. If a FA ever says drinks should not be free, just take out the magazine and point it out to them.
jcatman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.