FA Charging For Liquor/Drinks in MCE

Old Jul 6, 18, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by jcatman View Post
In order to ensure the crew is aware of and following the new MCE policy on beverage service, why not have Coca-Cola pay for new napkins which say "Sitting in MCE? Drinks are on the house".
Why should Coca-Cola pay? Soft drinks are always on the house, at least on AA
Old Jul 6, 18, 10:18 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
Why should Coca-Cola pay? Soft drinks are always on the house, at least on AA
Coca-Cola will pay for the napkins in return for having the exclusive right to monopolize the soft drink offerings on AA flights.

Do you think AA is paying for all of those napkins emblazoned with the Coca-Cola logo when you are served a beverage?
Old Jul 6, 18, 10:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite, AS MVP Gold 75K
I had a nice FA on a PSA CRJ200 that thought the policy did not apply to the -200. She asked politely, and I explained that it was fleetwide. She thanked me and had no issue taking care of my beverage needs. I gave her an "above and beyond" cert.
Old Jul 6, 18, 10:40 am

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
Do you think AA is paying for all of those napkins emblazoned with the Coca-Cola logo when you are served a beverage?
Cabin crews voted for a (newer) smaller, thicker napkin last quarter of 2017. So yes, AA pays for those napkins, and with the change of a thicker, more sturdy one, the cost increased roughly $250,000/year. The older, bigger, flimsy napkins, crews wanted them to be thicker. There were three options, keep the (then) current napkin, remove the texture, or increase the thickness...the thickness would have cost approximately $530,000 more. Seems trivial, however, crews wanted a more sturdy/durable napkin (50% thicker) for pax,, so a compromise was a smaller size by .5"
Old Jul 6, 18, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by sluggoaafa View Post
Cabin crews voted for a (newer) smaller, thicker napkin last quarter of 2017. So yes, AA pays for those napkins, and with the change of a thicker, more sturdy one, the cost increased roughly $250,000/year. The older, bigger, flimsy napkins, crews wanted them to be thicker. There were three options, keep the (then) current napkin, remove the texture, or increase the thickness...the thickness would have cost approximately $530,000 more. Seems trivial, however, crews wanted a more sturdy/durable napkin (50% thicker) for pax,, so a compromise was a smaller size by .5"
So there's no renumeration or compensation for the Coca-Cola logo appearing on the beverage napkins used on American and American Eagle flights?

Coca-Cola does not help pay for the napkins? Coca-Cola's contract with AA (and the price AA pays for Coca-Cola beverage products) has no connection to Coca-Cola's logo appearing on the beverage napkins?

American Airlines uses napkins imprinted with the Coca-Cola emblem without any financial benefit or compensation to AA? That is just AAmazing.
deeruck and Marschel like this.
Old Jul 6, 18, 11:23 am

American has both Coca Cola products and PepsiCo products, so having both is a bonus than just having one or the other product.
We may never know what AAs contract is to have Coca Cola, PepsiCo, or Dr Pepper Snapple Group be onboard...so yeah, that is amazing!

Last edited by sluggoaafa; Jul 6, 18 at 11:35 am Reason: changed wording
Old Jul 6, 18, 12:55 pm
nrr

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
AA used to have Pepsi, from my recollection that brand disappeared 5 years ago.
Old Jul 6, 18, 1:28 pm

Correct (Pepsi/Diet Pepsi), however AA still has PepsiCo products onboard
Old Jul 6, 18, 4:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

So there's no renumeration or compensation for the Coca-Cola logo appearing on the beverage napkins used on American and American Eagle flights?

Coca-Cola does not help pay for the napkins?
Two different questions.
Old Jul 6, 18, 5:40 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Rewards Platinum Premier Elite
It definitely seems like Coca-Cola is willing to spend money on marketing their products to airline customers. I'm sure Coca-Cola subsidizes the napkins just like they subsidized an entire temporary airport lounge for Delta's middle seat passengers.
Old Jul 6, 18, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by dayone View Post
Two different questions.
One stream of money.....from Coke to AA. Call it what you like.
Old Jul 7, 18, 9:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA LTPlat 2.3MM; Marriott Titanium (LTP); Hilton Gold; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5-Star Elite
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
AA used to have Pepsi, from my recollection that brand disappeared 5 years ago.
Originally Posted by sluggoaafa View Post
Correct (Pepsi/Diet Pepsi), however AA still has PepsiCo products onboard
I heard someone earlier this week on an AA flight ask for a Pepsi and they were told they did not have Pepsi. Looking at the current American Way magazine it shows the following soft drinks are onboard: Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, Mist Twist (Pepsi product), Diet Mist Twist (Pepsi product), Dasani Sparkling Lime, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Canada Dry Club Soda, Canada Dry Tonic Water.
Old Jul 7, 18, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
I heard someone earlier this week on an AA flight ask for a Pepsi and they were told they did not have Pepsi. Looking at the current American Way magazine it shows the following soft drinks are onboard: Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper, Mist Twist (Pepsi product), Diet Mist Twist (Pepsi product), Dasani Sparkling Lime, Canada Dry Ginger Ale, Canada Dry Club Soda, Canada Dry Tonic Water.
What an AAmazing coincidence. Coke is the only cola on AA flights. Coca-Cola emblems are on the beverage napkins used on AA flights.
E55 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 18, 4:44 pm

SFO to DFW today: FA said no free drinks (I didn't want one) and charged the 2 people next to me in MCE.

When will the policy trickle down?
E55 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 18, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL GM, AAdvantage EXECPLAT, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by maxmnx View Post
SFO to DFW today: FA said no free drinks (I didn't want one) and charged the 2 people next to me in MCE.

When will the policy trickle down?
jesus what is with this company?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: