Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

When Mobile Boarding Pass Black to Denote Elites & Blue Non-Status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When Mobile Boarding Pass Black to Denote Elites & Blue Non-Status?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by fgirard
I've noticed that some of my BPs have done that, while others have stayed black. I wonder if it is a quick way for the gate agent to tell who should be boarding at a given time (i.e. if a blue boarding pass appears during group 1 or 2, perhaps the GA knows to send them away)?
My hypothesis is that the BPs expire and turn blue if you open the AA app within some timeframe of the flight departing, thus giving the BP a "chance" to refresh. For flights after which I didn't open the app for some number of hours or days, the respective BPs stayed black and unexpired. I don't have many data points so this remains a very loose hypothesis at this point.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
My BPs turn blue either after the flight closes or up to 1 hour after departure.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Wow I just noticed my black mobile BPs are now turning blue after flight. I guess I turned on automatic updates
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Black is Elite

I often check in and get boarding passes for my wife and children as well as myself. Mine are black until they expire (then blue), everyone else who is non-elite is blue. I agree with OP
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:20 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Deleted

Last edited by zpaul; Jun 13, 2018 at 2:23 pm Reason: Stupidity

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.