Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: AA In-Flight WiFi 2018 (Gogo, ViaSat, Panasonic)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: HELP DESK: AA In-Flight WiFi 2018 (Gogo, ViaSat, Panasonic)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by hurnik
Not sure what you mean by T Mobile doesn't seem to be possible on Viasat.

Originally when I'd tried it around Feb. 2018 it wouldn't register my phone (T-Mobile iPhone) as "T-Mobile WiFi"
But this past week I was on a flight from DFW to ORD I believe and it worked (took a minute or two for it to show up as T-Mobile WiFi), so texting over WiFi worked. I obviously didn't try the phone call part of it.

Hope that helps?

I did update the bottom section of the Wiki there from my original info.
I have no idea how to access it then on Viasat. I assume we’d have to go through the same steps as with GoGo.

GOGO responded to my inquiry on this and apparently only a monthly American Airline purchased GOGO plan will work with a Viasat equipped plane, nothing else. Seems my AMEX plat Business card is becoming less and less worthwhile
Old Dec 18, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by Jonesdds

I have no idea how to access it then on Viasat. I assume we’d have to go through the same steps as with GoGo.

GOGO responded to my inquiry on this and apparently only a monthly American Airline purchased GOGO plan will work with a Viasat equipped plane, nothing else. Seems my AMEX plat Business card is becoming less and less worthwhile
If you're referring to the free 1-hour T-Mobile, then no, that won't work. that's ONLY through "pure" GoGo (won't work on United "go-go" as that's via United and not GoGo directly, as I've found out, unfortunately).

I simply enabled WiFi on my iPhone (while still in airplane mode). Launched Safari and went to the URL on the little card (can't remember). It directed me to the inflight Viasat stuff, I logged into my existing account that I'd created in Feb. 2018, and then purchased the "flight" plan for like $12. After about a minute or two I noticed the phone said:
T-Mobile WiFi and i was able to text over WiFi to non-iOS users for the duration of the WiFi.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Jonesdds
I guess that explains the error messages today. Same message with Boingo.

Link to current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 16, 2020 at 2:22 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.