Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Refitted Oasis Boeing 738 / 737-800 RC MiQ First / Business seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis

In accordance with AA “Project Oasis” all Boeing 737-800 aircraft will be retrofitted to the “out of the box” configuration of the 737 MAX 8 berween 2018 and 2021. The first of 304 Boeing 738 airframes to be refitted, N979AN, re-entered Service 13 May 2018.

These seats are on the A321neo and will be retrofitted to the A321 non-T aircraft as well. The MiQ is also the AA Premium Economy seat on widebodies, with increased pitch and recline (and leg / foot rests on bulkhead seats).

NOTE: The Rockwell Collins seat is being refitted and improved under Project Kodiak. link

Complaints to date include reduced seat pitch and seat padding, an uncomfortable support bar in the seat back and impaired under seat stowage. AA has stated these last two issues will be addressed.

Reconfigured Business / First Cabin uses the seat currently in the LUS A319, with seat pitch reduced to 37” / 94 cm, and seat recline reduced from 6” / 15 cm to 4” / 10 cm.

Lavatory: New slimmer B/E Aerospace (now Rockwell Collins) ultra slim “Spacewall“ lavatories is also be installed, but at 29” is larger than the Main Cabin 24”version.

WiFi, IFE and Power: Satellite based WiFi (fee); IFE served frim onboard server to your AA app on your own device via WiFi; 110 VAC Universal plug and 5 VDC 1.1 amp USB port.

See Oasis: New seats & less pitch, WiFi IFE & power all 737 and A321 2019-21 for further information.

The Business / First thread for the older configuration seating is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...t-not-7m8.html

You should be able to see which configuration a particular aircraft has by referencing the (unofficial) American Airlines Fleet Site here.

Photo courtesy of The Points Guy.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Jan 4, 2021 at 5:19 pm Reason: updates
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:10 am

<redacted>

As the Oasis Program advances, I’ll be moving my business to Delta where it makes sense.
I’m what you might call a premium personal/leisure traveler. [/left]

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 5, 2018 at 9:37 am Reason: Redacted previously deleted post content
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:25 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by railmatt

As the Oasis Program advances, I’ll be moving my business to Delta where it makes sense.
I’m what you might call a premium personal/leisure traveler.
I will be moving my business to Delta unless it really, really doesn’t make sense. Even if it’s somewhat inconvenient, it will be DL for me. Dougie has gone too far.
railmatt likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

LAA-LUS animus is misplaced here and off topic.

It’s over and done with, and we’re in the same merged airline boat.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 5, 2018 at 9:39 am
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:38 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Using the word "Oasis" to describe this abomination is the equivalent of describing a hard kick to the shins as a "massage".

X 1,000,000
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Using the word "Oasis" to describe this abomination is the equivalent of describing a hard kick to the shins as a "massage".

X 1,000,000
I was about to post - are they being purposely mean or trying to be funny ironic?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
This is a happy thread..
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow

X 1,000,000
They’re chasing frequent domestic flyers “awaysis”; it’s a typo.

But there are, according to TPG, some good aspects. Seat tray extensions to prop up or hold your PED or computing device, a seatback shelf for your small PED / smart phone, a slightly larger lav than Coach, at seat power and decent connectivity.
railmatt and sam2k2002 like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:43 pm

Will the larger lav in the front attract more customers hesitant to use the micro lavs in the back?
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 9:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
I know there’s only one reconfigured plane in service right now, but if anyone happens to get it, I’d love to see some pictures! Word is they added “space” bins as well.
JDiver likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Seat tray extensions to prop up or hold your PED or computing device, a seatback shelf for your small PED / smart phone, a slightly larger lav than Coach, at seat power and decent connectivity.
These tray table additions really are nice. See F pics HERE and HERE. I like how it allows you to actually use the entire tray (e.g. for meal service) without having to juggle where to put your iPad / PED.

Since I seem to never get a 738 with IFE anyway, I look forward to this part of the refit.
JDiver and krakendown like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by econometrics
These tray table additions really are nice. See F pics HERE and HERE. I like how it allows you to actually use the entire tray (e.g. for meal service) without having to juggle where to put your iPad / PED.

Since I seem to never get a 738 with IFE anyway, I look forward to this part of the refit.
How long until those things start breaking though......I'm sure AA will be real quick at fixing them :/
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
How long until those things start breaking though......I'm sure AA will be real quick at fixing them :/
They don't seem all that fragile to me from the pics. Plus, I'm sure the average F pax that doesn't fly AA all that often won't even know they are there.

I think the ones in Y will break sooner.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:14 pm

Well, this just makes me feel smart about having diverted most of my domestic spend away from AA already. The Delta domestic product is reasonably good and definitely much more consistent than AA's. I really do suggest that people complaining about this status match and give it a try. (I still think the AA international product and partners are generally better, but especially as a NYC-based traveler, it's really nice to have the greater variety of Delta non-stops as AA pulls back from the market.)
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:48 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Those tray table enhancements are really swell, but I would rather have the additional seat pitch and a seat that is more comfortable than a park bench. Call me crazy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.