Extended Ticketing Time

Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Extended Ticketing Time

I was wondering had anyone on here experienced extended delays for ticketing with AA on only AA flights? I phurchased a complex itinerary this morning with meeting services, using two tickets and fare Basis's in one PNR going LGA -> YUL on ticket one and continuing the same day YUL -> PHL -> HNL, ticket 1 is economy ticket two is business/first. I did this because I got a better fare than more direct routing, to rack up EQM and because all of the connections barely exceed MCT so I'll likely have a schedule change that will let me get on a more desirable itinerary. The ticket has sat in ticket pending status for more than 12 hours now, which seems abnormal to me. Should I call, or just wait?
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Is it leaving tomorrow or next month? They queue by departure usually.
DM on Twitter if you have to.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
No, it's leaving in December, but I just don't want to end up losing the fare.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
I hope you realize that if the schedule doesn’t change you will have to have sufficient time at YUL to recover your baggage, recheck it and process security for your departure, so don’t make the YUL connection too tight.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:33 am
Original Poster

Would I actually be responsible for rechecking my baggage given that my final destination isn't Canada, given that the two tickets are on one PNR, baggage should go through, right? The YUL layover is the longest.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by donotblink
No, it's leaving in December, but I just don't want to end up losing the fare.
Once the reservation is made, the fare won't change, even if it takes them a week to ticket it. Since there are no partner airlines involved it shouldn't be a problem at all.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Hope for a schedule change - a change of carrier, or something that takes a connection below Minimum Connect Time. That is a miserable way to travel NYC-HNL. There are non-stops on United and Hawaiian (and JetBlue codeshares HA)...
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Would I actually be responsible for rechecking my baggage given that my final destination isn't Canada, given that the two tickets are on one PNR, baggage should go through, right? The YUL layover is the longest.
One PNR (which can be comprised of up to sixteen tickets, iirc) should be fine for through-checking your baggage to your final destination. Good thinking, btw!
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:14 am
Original Poster

I need the EQM, and the PHL -> LAX is on a wide body Airbus with all aisle J seats.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
I don't believe that it's legal for AA to sell you a ticket between US destinations that connects in Canada, so I don't believe this will ever be ticketed. Even if it is, it's almost certainly queued for manual review.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Technically they're not selling me a ticket that goes between US destinations via Canada--they're selling me two tickets, one that originates in the US, one that originates in Canada, that happen to be in the same PNR.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
I don't believe that it's legal for AA to sell you a ticket between US destinations that connects in Canada, so I don't believe this will ever be ticketed. Even if it is, it's almost certainly queued for manual review.
If you are referring to cabotage, I don't think that's relevant. Cabotage would be AA selling a ticket between two points in *Canada*. Or, a Canadian airline selling a ticket between two points in the US. It's about the nationality of the airline, not the connecting point.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:22 am

Technically they're not selling me a ticket that goes between US destinations via Canada--they're selling me two tickets, one that originates in the US, one that originates in Canada, that happen to be in the same PNR.
Let's see. I'm 99% sure that (if this does get ticketed) all segments will be on a single ticket number.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
If you are referring to cabotage, I don't think that's relevant. Cabotage would be AA selling a ticket between two points in *Canada*. Or, a Canadian airline selling a ticket between two points in the US. It's about the nationality of the airline, not the connecting point.
Interesting. I guess all we can do is hope that the OP tells us what ultimately happens.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:15 am
Original Poster

It's still in ticket pending right now, I'll come back and let you know what happened. Can you have one ticket number that is tied to two fare basis's that are priced in different currencies? I suppose we'll find out soon.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.