Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Intl departures from DFW terminal A or C?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Intl departures from DFW terminal A or C?

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was on a DFW-LHR out of terminal A a couple of months ago. This was more annoying given that the A club was closed at the time.
Old May 29, 2018, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Landed at A this AM from Honolulu - had assumed it would be D too due to size of plane but was happy to be at A so I could use the AC there on layover!
Old May 30, 2018, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Flew DFW-UIO out of C on an A319.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
With the D AC closed, I wish MORE INTL flights would depart from A.

But, as mentioned many times here, this has been happening for years.

With AA using up to 4 772's on the Hawaii flights right now, it's happening more often, too.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
I feel like half my international flights from DFW go out of A these days. Coming back it's always D, of course, because of immigration, etc. But we often ride DART to the airport and its station is at A, so we are happy when it works out that way. Conversely, it is a bit of a pain to have to ride the bus (curbside) from D to A to take the train back home....
Old Aug 12, 2018, 3:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by JDiver
Iirc we departed to MAD in Nivember from A.
So did our flight to MAD in June.
JDiver likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by TWA884
So did our flight to MAD in June.
Ours late last year did as well. (We made an unscheduled stop at Lajes AB / TER in the Azores due to a medical urgency on board).

The 757 flight to KEF has at least on occasion departed from Terminal C. International Departures can depart from any mainline terminal that can handle that kind of aircraft at the gates, since the USA has no departure immigration procedures. Arriving International flights from origins without US pre-clearance will almost always out you into Terminal D.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 5:26 am

945 to SCL has been out of A gates more than half the time recently. Wonder if that’ll continue with the switch to a 789.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by smuDC-10
​​​​If one wants duty-free and is departing out of A would they have to travel to D to get it or is there a small/temporary spot in A now?
I am wondering about this, too. Is pre-departure duty free shopping in gate area available to international passengers departing from A gates?
Old Aug 13, 2018, 2:31 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
I am wondering about this, too. Is pre-departure duty free shopping in gate area available to international passengers departing from A gates?
Duty Free shopping is available to you if you have a boarding pass showing you’re departing for a bona fide International destination the same day. It doesn’t matter which terminal you’re departing from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.