Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Does your meal choice stay if you SDFC on a later flight?

Old May 24, 18, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat

Booked on AA flagship first JFK to LAX, if I same day confirm on a later flight will my special meal be forfeited or will it move on the new flight?
Old May 24, 18, 9:39 pm

Programs: Lots
I just did this today, same route and cabin. Meal request didn't transfer, but they had plenty since I chose one of the 3 "standard" menu options in advance so got what I wanted. A SPML is a lot riskier and unlikely to make it onto your new flight, unless the SDC is done far in advance.
jcatman and kar don like this.
Old May 24, 18, 11:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 75K, AA EXP, United 1K
Pretty sure it definitely does not move.
Old May 25, 18, 12:05 am

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Special meal will not transfer. All of the pertinent passenger information would have already been sent to the flight kitchen the night before, and the prepared meals are loaded for their intended flight without the ability for someone to identify one specific meal and move it to another flight.
kar don and JDiver like this.
Old May 25, 18, 2:38 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Seems to me that if you are given up to 24hrs to decide, you can not expect it to work if you SDC after the 24hr period, Catering can not be adjusted that quickly for one passenger. Looks straight forward to me. if the meal is that important, best to bring your own.
Old May 25, 18, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by arollins View Post
Seems to me that if you are given up to 24hrs to decide, you can not expect it to work if you SDC after the 24hr period, Catering can not be adjusted that quickly for one passenger. Looks straight forward to me. if the meal is that important, best to bring your own.
Yes we are all aware of the 24 hr rules, oneworld lounge has changed it on AA J international flights for me. Had it done a couple times. Guess it’s not that straightforward, and wow I would have never thought to bring my own meal! Thank you so much!
Old May 25, 18, 10:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by kar don View Post

Yes we are all aware of the 24 hr rules, oneworld lounge has changed it on AA J international flights for me. Had it done a couple times. Guess it’s not that straightforward, and wow I would have never thought to bring my own meal! Thank you so much!
Have you heard of FEBO? They don’t do it anymore. How about BARF? Bring Aboard Real Food. (I often BARF on AA flights, particularly mid-cons or some international ones.)

The times I’ve changed to other flights with SDFC my booked meal preference has not transferred to the new flight.; I rejoin the “chicken or pasta” platoon.
kar don, plinth857 and msv777 like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: