Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Any way to combine PNRs? And also, AWFUL customer service on the Platinum line

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any way to combine PNRs? And also, AWFUL customer service on the Platinum line

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
Have never understood how these comments help people who have a different problem than whether there are a separate set of agents at their disposal.

Fine. You're correct. But AA gives a separate number for its Elite level customers to call. Even if it's just smoke and mirrors, why not let these posters have that belief in a dwindling program? I have no idea the status of every person who's made such a "helpful comment" on an unrelated issue...and it happens A LOT... but when people do that, it has always struck me as "I'm higher Elite status than you are and I have a special desk and you really don't, you just think you do."
whatever...
Just to lower OP's expectation, since there is no dedicated phone line. Yes you're correct it is no immediate use to OP's problems, but going forward if he would have the right expectations on the agents it would be way less disappointment and save some time to HUCA or in this case, come here and know the right way is twitter team.

Am I disappointed with it? Sure am, but hey I am not AA's management so there's nothing I could change.

The rest of the paragraph definitely makes me chuckle. Wonder how much drama could be drawn from a simple fact. Enjoy the rest of the day.

Last edited by andersonCooper; May 15, 2018 at 12:09 pm
Old May 15, 2018, 12:08 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
can anyone explain what solution was implemented by twitter team which allowed pnr2 to have the properties of pnr1?
Old May 15, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Didn't AA recently make it easier for agents to correctly waitlist elite companion upgrade priority...even to companions not on the same PNR? Could a side effect of that enhancement also include extending other elite benefits, like free same-day standby or MCE seating to companions on seperate PNR's?
Old May 15, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by DCAAA
Twitter team solved the problem.
HOW!? I've had this same issue before and literally no one, including gate agents and admirals club agents could combine a PNR?
Old Jul 23, 2018, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Frankly they just rebooked us all on the earlier flight and waived any fees. And for sure the PNRs were somehow linked because I was able to get elite seats for free on both PNRs despite no elites traveling on kids PNR.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by DCAAA
Frankly they just rebooked us all on the earlier flight and waived any fees. And for sure the PNRs were somehow linked because I was able to get elite seats for free on both PNRs despite no elites traveling on kids PNR.
A pedant might again correct your "linked" to "referred to each other," but ignore the pedantry. (The dispute, in case you didn't catch it, wasn't whether PNRs could be "linked" in plain English, it was that the technical term is "referring to each other" rather than "linking." Whoo.)

AA has always in my experience been willing to seat non-status companions next to Plat or higher, free of charge, with a simple phone call, without much effort. If that requires some behind the scenes referencing then so be it, but all I do when I have a non-status friend or colleague flying w/ me on a different PNR is call and ask that so and so be seated next to me, and it's always done without hassle. One of the few things I can count on, whether it's a "rule" or simply generosity. But it's so consistent over hundreds of flights that it's not a rare exception to some contrary rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.