Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

List or website of non-stop AA metal flights from US to Europe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 3:07 pm
hts
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat

Are there any up-to-date sites/lists like this one:

https://milecards.com/15414/every-no...vantage-miles/

I'm not sure if this website it out of date or just doesn't identify seasonal flights, but I'm trying to book mile redemption flights for my fam of 5 over Xmas to Europe and don't want to pay BA's taxes nor have multiple stops (I'd like to fly direct from DFW/ORD/PHL/JFK/CLT/MIA/etc to our destination in Europe).

We're flexible on destinations (still a lot of cities/countries we haven't had an opportunity to visit yet but don't need to go back to London, Paris or Munich again).

Dublin, Edinburgh, Rome are all high on our list.

Oh, and of course I'd prefer 30k each way mileage savers if possible.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
One thing you can try (possibly a bit cumbersome) is to go to the wikipedia page for each of the airports you list. This will list all the airports AA serves form there.
beachmouse likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:18 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
it's not perfect but go to google flights, select the "Explore Map" view and filter flights for American/One World and non-stop. Then for departure cities just cycle through the AA European gateways (NYC, PHL, CLT, MIA, DFW, ORD, LAX, and RDU) and leave destination blank. (I think that's all of them, but if I missed one someone from FT will point it out). In the map view you will see every city in Europe that AA has a non-stop flight to from that departure city with a red circle over it. You can click on the red circles to get details.

This is what I did to accomplish something very similar to what you want to do.

Taking things to the next level, you can get an expertflyer subscription and search for saaver inventory and set up alerts for any that frees up on your preferred routing.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Aren't all of AA and its European partners (IB, BA and AY) available on aa.com?

in that case cycle destinations of choice and exclude BA. You can also use the aa award map - https://www.aa.com/awardMap/home.do
Old May 13, 2018, 3:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Yes, but BA metal comes with significant YQ.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LondonElite
correct, but the award booking site allows you to avoid BA.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Also unless the OP is ready for AAnytime awards, its gonna be all but impossible to find sAAver ones for 5 people over xmas break.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by hts
(I'd like to fly direct from DFW/ORD/PHL/JFK/CLT/MIA/etc to our destination in Europe).
AA's interactive route maps are fine for that application. Click on destination and look at each of the hubs. Some flights are seasonal and will not operate thru the winter.

American Airlines Map
Old May 13, 2018, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
Also unless the OP is ready for AAnytime awards, its gonna be all but impossible to find sAAver ones for 5 people over xmas break.
I'd agree that getting 5 T seats in the Dec 20-23 window is pretty unlikely, however with the married segment logic, T availability is better than before. If they are willing to travel Christmas week, just a quick check on Expert Flyer shows a lot of T +7 outbounds that week, so it will probably just take a lot of work to find a good flight and some flexibility.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I have found that the award taxes aren't bad at all if on your outbound leg you transit at LHR from AA to intra-European BA because the value of those intra-european BA segments is so low that the taxes are not significant. Returning thru LHR is a different story though ...

My strategy lately has been to transit via LHR on the outbound, use BA to get to the exact jump off point I want and then plan travel so that I can return on AA metal direct to US out of one of their gateways (although it seems like every European country has some form of departure tax, just not as high as UK).
Old May 13, 2018, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BillBurn
I have found that the award taxes aren't bad at all if on your outbound leg you transit at LHR from AA to intra-European BA because the value of those intra-european BA segments is so low that the taxes are not significant. Returning thru LHR is a different story though ...

My strategy lately has been to transit via LHR on the outbound, use BA to get to the exact jump off point I want and then plan travel so that I can return on AA metal direct to US out of one of their gateways (although it seems like every European country has some form of departure tax, just not as high as UK).
True. I (like many others) probably assumed you were looking for J seats.. which are much harder to come by in U inventory as well as much more expensive in terms of YQ. An assumption I made, and a flawed one at that. That whole no one on FT flys in Y or is anything lower than a PLT thing

The best bet is to use the AA map (linked a couple times above). That should give an idea of where to look.
Old May 13, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
I made such a list last year, using the aa.fltmaps.com map linked above, but the routes have changed since then. It also looks like I omitted some cities in UK/Ireland that weren't useful to me, but the Continent should be here. This was the list I had:

Ord-bcn,fco,cdg,lhr
lax-lhr
phl-ath,fco,bcn,mad,lis,vce,muc,cdg,fra,ams,lhr
dfw-mad,fco,cdg,fra,ams,lhr
clt-mad,fco,cdg,fra,lhr,bcn
mia-mad,bcn,mxp,cdg,lhr
jfk-mad,bcn,mxp,cdg,lhr,zrh,fco
rdu-lhr
bos-cdg
The list was very helpful for me to search int'l saver J awards & to set expertflyer alerts. OP - if you end up making a list or updating mine, it would great if you posted back here with the new list.
aztimm likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:01 pm

This may help. It breaks down flights/destination for each hub. It also specifies the aircraft type, which is helpful.

https://www.travelcodex.com/american...s-routes-2018/
controller1 likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
This may help. It breaks down flights/destination for each hub. It also specifies the aircraft type, which is helpful.

https://www.travelcodex.com/american...s-routes-2018/
Thanks for posting this!
Old May 13, 2018, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Antarius
Originally Posted by BillBurn
I'd agree that getting 5 T seats in the Dec 20-23 window is pretty unlikely, however with the married segment logic, T availability is better than before. If they are willing to travel Christmas week, just a quick check on Expert Flyer shows a lot of T +7 outbounds that week, so it will probably just take a lot of work to find a good flight and some flexibility.
Yea, finding 5 sAAver coach seats around Xmas will be no problem at all as long as the OP doesn't need to travel on a few of the peak weekend days before and after Xmas and New Years.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.