Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Biz Saaver Seats Found DFW/CDG in March 2019 (should I go?)

Old May 12, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.

Anyone ever been to Paris in March? I found a couple of Aadvantage mileage award seats available this morning for travel 4MAR19 in Business Class from DFW to CDG. Aircraft is the 772. Each seat redemption is 57,500 miles. I'm tempted to confirm these seats but thought I'd ask FT'ers who have been on AA48 what their experiences are and if going to Paris in early March is too much of a crapshoot regarding possible undesirable weather. Any advice I can glean is much appreciated.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Put them on a 5 day hold immediately!

i am going to Paus in January. If you like museums, theres a ton to do even in inclement weather, even in the evenings (often the best time to go to the Louvre, Orsay)

also depends on your tolerance for weather. I find its a question of bringing the right clothes. The new hi tech stuff is very lightweight and very warm. Id also bring a full length lightweight raincoat that can fit over another coat.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
It has been many years, but over a 4 year stretch, I visited France about 4x per year on business. While it is very much a function of what you would like to do and see, weather should not be a primary consideration. It will be necessary to bring some warm clothes - particularly for someone coming from PHX or TPA - but it should be possible to enjoy most all of what Paris has to offer. While Metro will get you most everywhere, be sure to bring some comfortable walking shoes.

Paris can get quite hot in the summer, very crowded with tourists, so there are some advantages of avoiding peak travel seasons.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Anyone ever been to Paris in March?
No; they clear the city out for spring cleaning then - no one is allowed in.
Old May 12, 2018, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by Tpa-flyer
Any advice I can glean is much appreciated.
Advice on weather in Paris in March is best found in the France forum or on weather.com.

A moderator has been notified.
Old May 12, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Just ******* go! It's Paris in March, not anywhere else on the planet!
Old May 12, 2018, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA, SW, VA, Marriott, IHG, HH
I agree that weather shouldn't be one of your concerns. I was in Paris in January, and it wasn't too bad at all. It was around 0-10C.
Old May 12, 2018, 4:58 pm

i was in paris for a long MLK day weekend this past january, sunny and 50-55F each day. not bad at all. i'd hop on that if i hadnt burned them already LOL
Old May 12, 2018, 7:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Paris is Paris. Id rather be there in March, even with some grey and drizzle, though, than in August. Theres so much to do, in and out of doors.

As this is more about Paris in March and not about flying AA, we will move it to the appropriate destination forum soon.

World Climate Charts chart for Le Bourget, Paris.
Attached Images  
Old May 12, 2018, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Nah, go in April.......... Seriously, without knowing what your desires are, we have no clue about whether or not you will like going to Paris in March
Old May 13, 2018, 12:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Go! It'll be far more pleasant than fighting through hordes of tourists in the summer heat.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
On the AA side, the 787-9 with the Super Diamond seats is great in business class.

Paris anytime will be spectacular. I don't think you are going there for a tan.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 13, 2018, 3:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
What is undesirable weather? I ask because Im with someone at the moment who hates temperatures above 20C and prefers to stay out of sunshine.
Old May 13, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
With regard to the AA772 here are reports on the 772 with zodiac seats

://salsaworldtraveler.com/2017/04/22/american-airlines-remodeled-777-200-business-class-raleigh-durham-nc-rdu-to-london-england-lhr-or-how-i-learned-to-love-a-schedule-change/

and Super Diamond seats

https://salsaworldtraveler.com/2017/12/16/american-airlines-777-200-business-class-super-diamond-seat-miami-fl-mia-to-paris-france-cdg-picture-review/
Old May 13, 2018, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Many thanks to all of you who have been so kind to reply with your insights, enthusiasms, fabulous chart info, links, and overall general encouragements. Having never been to Paris before and like so many, I'm interested in informing myself of as many details ahead of time so I can optimize my travel experience. This makes the AA equipment/seats/service important to me as well as my odds on encountering inclement weather while standing in line to gain entry into the Louvre or Palace of Versailles. Perhaps I fret too much. It's just that I'm sitting on a pile of AA miles and as stingy as they are with availability of award seats, seeing a few days open in late Feb. and early March got my attention. Perhaps I should have framed my question as, if you were me, would you pull the trigger and visit Paris when it's not quite spring yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.