Any Airlines Matching AA CK Status?

Old May 6, 18, 5:10 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Any Airlines Matching AA CK Status?

Does anyone know if other airlines match conciergekey status?

Mods: I'm new here, sorry if I placed this in wrong area/if I'm being stupid. Thank you
Old May 6, 18, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
I'd call and ask the individual airline you are interested in.

given that getting CK status is an unknown commodity, your EQD, miles, travel patterns etc will matter to the individual airline as to whether they choose to match.
goldtiger likes this.
Old May 6, 18, 7:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I’ve never heard of that occurring. But I think you’ll have to check your potential new airlines’ fora for that, anyway, not here.
Old May 6, 18, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA CK, EK Platinum
With certain level of proof and willingness there are ways, yes. However, that is with great discretion and individual agreements. Simply calling won't help, you need the right contacts.
Old May 7, 18, 7:26 am
wjj

Programs: Former long time AA EXP and CK - 4 MM; Now LTPL; Hilton Diamond; UA Silver
Originally Posted by ckx2 View Post
With certain level of proof and willingness there are ways, yes. However, that is with great discretion and individual agreements. Simply calling won't help, you need the right contacts.
Several years ago, UA offered me GS without any action on my part and no challenge. A couple of other CKs at my firm also received the same offer which came through our travel group. I tried them a few times and found using the benefits I found most important (being able to upgrade from business to first on international flights at booking on any J fare) was near impossible at UA. Of course, that was back when AA flew 3 class 777s to Asia and when SWUs were plentiful and actually usable at booking. I also received an offer from DL through the same channel for Diamond Medallion status with a very easy challenge to meet. But being ORD based, DL was not an option for the 10 or so international trips (mostly to Asia) I was doing at he time. If you work at a big company with a big travel budget and contracts with all of the carriers, I would try to go through your travel group and see what they can do. The airlines may be "giving" them x number of CK or GS to distribute to employees.
Old May 7, 18, 8:18 am

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ckx2 View Post
Contacts may make it easier, but I can also see calling as being an option. Call the rewards program and tell them you fly x, spend a ton and I'm sure (if the numbers are whoa levels) you'll find a way to talk to someone who can give a definite answer.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: