Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BOS-LAX service slightly upgrade service? Noise cancelling headphones on a 737?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 11:59 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Booked on the 629pm BOS-LAX flight. I know this is on a 738 and seat is a true regular domestic first seats. No lie flat.
​​​​​​
I was told this flight is considered a transcon and gets some upgrade perks like blankets, pillows, Bose noise cancelling headphones and better dinner choices with sundae? Do you get lounge access on departure? Does this flight get anything special or not even noise cancelling headphones
Old May 6, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
No lounge access. I do not believe any Bose headphones either.

IIRC there is a pillow and better blanket. Sundaes are on other routes too, so don't think they are limited or special for this.
E55 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Don't get your hopes up. It's a long, long flight from a comfort perspective, and you already know about the seats.
Old May 6, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Not sure where you got your info from, but they are misinformed. JUST got off of BOS-LAX on a domestic configured LAA A321. Only a flimsy blanket was on offer. Meal choices were standard domestic choices. No noise cancelling headphones. Vastly inferior offering to the competition.
E55 likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Compared to JetBlue mint sounds like they are targeting connecting passengers and coach flyers on this route.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I build a multi segment LAX-JFK-BOS to get the better product transcon.

unfortunately, AA does not market LAX-BOS via JFK. It is either nonstop, via PHL or ORD. So via JFK will almost definitely cost more as it is q multi segment.

worth it IMO.
SK likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
All things being equal you'd be crackers to consider AA over B6 on this route. Mint throne seats make 738/321 FC look like Spirit.
Old May 6, 2018, 2:28 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antarius
I build a multi segment LAX-JFK-BOS to get the better product transcon.

unfortunately, AA does not market LAX-BOS via JFK. It is either nonstop, via PHL or ORD. So via JFK will almost definitely cost more as it is q multi segment.

worth it IMO.

That is interesinterestin. I wonder why AA doesn't offer JFK as a connection? BOS-JFK is so rediculous short seems like a good routing to compete?
Old May 6, 2018, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiUtah
That is interesinterestin. I wonder why AA doesn't offer JFK as a connection? BOS-JFK is so rediculous short seems like a good routing to compete?
I think AA is trying to keep LAX-JFK to OD traffic only which in this market tends to be higher yielding.

AA prefers to route the connecting passengers via PHL. The vast majority of flyers dont know the difference between a 321T and a 738 or a 321S, so this allows AA to send passengers via other hubs and not tie up seats on the higher yielding route.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plat
I fly BOS-LAX somewhat regularly and they always give Bose headsets, tablets (for the 738's that don't have IFE), and upgraded blankets. I guess it is possible that something changed in the last couple months since I've flown the route.
Old May 6, 2018, 3:55 pm

There was mention a couple of years ago that LAX-BOS in (two-class) F, due to being over 5 hours, got access to the LAX QF F lounge, and to the LAX OW J lounge (the latter thread had this LAX-BOS access disputed but it still appears in the wiki there). I have no personal experience on this -- was it ever true? Is it safe to say it's obsolete?
Old May 6, 2018, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
There was mention a couple of years ago that LAX-BOS in (two-class) F, due to being over 5 hours, got access to the LAX QF F lounge, and to the LAX OW J lounge (the latter thread had this LAX-BOS access disputed but it still appears in the wiki there). I have no personal experience on this -- was it ever true? Is it safe to say it's obsolete?
AA.com states only JFK-LAX/SFO get lounge access domestically. Nothing else unfortunately.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue :(
Originally Posted by Antarius
AA.com states only JFK-LAX/SFO get lounge access domestically. Nothing else unfortunately.
I think MIA-LAX do to.

Edit:- Looking at AA web site, it looks like this has been changed.
Old May 6, 2018, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
I was told...
By whom, please?
Old May 6, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
I think MIA-LAX do to.
​​​not anymore. the 77W 3 class service ended and so did lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.