Is This Typical AA? Poor 1st Impression

Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by eastmanrg
...AA isn't Fly Dubai or Emirates and never will be....
Great example
Old Apr 19, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Somewhat

i fly a bunch in J and AA FAs spend most of the flights on their phones playing games. No headphones tho.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by diver858
Who was the flight operated by - Envoy or a partner?
Operated by PSA Airlines As American Eagle
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Yep, I would fly Southwest or Alaska if they serviced VPS to PHF.
PNS to ORF or ECP to RIC won’t cut it?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA CK, SPG Plat, IHG Plat
Wow. That is absolutely not normal; I’ve never seen anything like it. Absolutely report that.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Sadly I think AA service is going down recently. Last 2 west coast to east coast flights, I got service after hitting altitude, then ever saw the FAs again. My neighbor hit their bell and nobody showed up and ended up turning it off. I got up and asked an FA for another drink, she told me I had to go to the back of the plane in the galley to get another one. I was on a flight later that week from IAD to DFW and got stuck in the thunderstorms over dallas, 4.5 hour flight (MD83) and saw the FA once the entire flight. Wouldn't have been surprised to see them sitting in an open seat listening to music on their phone.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Kamalaasaa

PNS to ORF or ECP to RIC won’t cut it?
As someone who lives less than 20 minutes to VPS and plans for 1.5 hours to ECP or PNS, it's hard to get excited about the extra car time. Plus, if you're on an evening WN flight, the network tends to go a bit cannibalistic about making sure their hub-hub routes are on time then and will plane swap/delay the last flight of the day to a more lightly used outstation to do that higher priority route on schedule.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:53 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
The headphones seem like a blatant disregard and something that could interfere with duties, so I hope your report doesn't go into the trash after you send it. I think, and I'm sure it can be corroborated or refuted, that you have the option to send a complaint directly to the DOT and not just AA customer service.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

One thing I'm impressed with AA is the turn around time for a response! Received this just now...April 20, 2018

Hello XXXXX:

Thank you contacting Customer Relations and giving me the chance to respond to you. I am sorry to hear that this situation left a bad impression of American Airlines with you. I completely understand how this situation must have looked and I am deeply sorry.

We have very strict and specific procedures governing crew conduct as it relates to the safe operation of every American Airlines flight. We are contractually committed to furnish designated crew rest seats on long flights. However, from your comments it seems we may have dropped the ball. I will be sure to make your comments available for review by the management personnel responsible for the areas of service you mentioned and we will handle this matter in accordance with our internal guidelines.

XXXX, thank you for your time and telling us about this situation. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon and giving you the level of service you expect and deserve!

Sincerely,

JXXX BXXX
Customer Relations

American Airlines

AA Ref#1-XXXXXXXX
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
"We are contractually committed to furnish designated crew rest seats on long flights."????

CLT-YYZ shows as 588 miles on gcmap.com That's not "long"
imverge and wrp96 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:53 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Sounds like a canned response. I'm sure they have many templates to choose from and you got the "flight attendant sitting in passenger seat" response.
imverge and jhartvu like this.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:42 am

AA service has gone down, yes, but this is a bit over the top. Personally I have no issue with the crew taking a break or having a beverage but seems she ignored her duties completely.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by imverge
One thing I'm impressed with AA is the turn around time for a response! Received this just now...April 20, 2018

Hello XXXXX:

Thank you contacting Customer Relations and giving me the chance to respond to you. I am sorry to hear that this situation left a bad impression of American Airlines with you. I completely understand how this situation must have looked and I am deeply sorry.

We have very strict and specific procedures governing crew conduct as it relates to the safe operation of every American Airlines flight. We are contractually committed to furnish designated crew rest seats on long flights. However, from your comments it seems we may have dropped the ball. I will be sure to make your comments available for review by the management personnel responsible for the areas of service you mentioned and we will handle this matter in accordance with our internal guidelines.

XXXX, thank you for your time and telling us about this situation. We look forward to welcoming you on board again soon and giving you the level of service you expect and deserve!

Sincerely,

JXXX BXXX
Customer Relations

American Airlines

AA Ref#1-XXXXXXXX
Ridiculous. I'm constantly amazed at Customer Relations' ability to drop the ball.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Not sure she was bothering anyone. I could see it being an issue if the attendant button was going off and she ignored it. I have seen the same thing on short regional flights. Doesn't bother me as I am usually minding my own business reading an ebook in 2A. All we are is self loading cargo even EXPs.
Whaaa? No! This is a safety issue. E.g. suppose the cockpit attempted to communicate with her to notify her of an emergency or to have her passengers prepare for one. We SLCs don’t have an official, FAA mandated and paid rôle in those, but paid cabin crew absolutely do. That’s why the FAA mandates their presence.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JDiver
Whaaa? No! This is a safety issue. E.g. suppose the cockpit attempted to communicate with her to notify her of an emergency or to have her passengers prepare for one. We SLCs don’t have an official, FAA mandated and paid rôle in those, but paid cabin crew absolutely do. That’s why the FAA mandates their presence.
Totally agree and that's why I have filed a complaint with DOT.

Listen, I have to admit I was tempted to take a photo of her in the seat with the headset on the only problem was the cabin lights were dimmed and my flash would go off and then who knows how she would have reacted.

It is my hope that when they investigate this and the second FA is confronted with the complaint she will collaborate my account of the situation because I totally expect the guilty one to deny everything because it appeared this wasn't the first time she's done this as she just seemed so brazen!
JDiver likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.