Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Hidden city ticket users busted! (detected at gate - no action taken)

Hidden city ticket users busted! (detected at gate - no action taken)

Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EP
I am sure this kind of activity is already automatically tracked to some level far beyond the airport, but would a gate agent even be able to escalate their belief about this supposed offender even if they wanted to? Who would they call, their help desk? Is there a more formal communication path for airport-level frontline employees to use if they suspect someone is doing this?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by samm
Is there a more formal communication path for airport-level frontline employees to use if they suspect someone is doing this?
I am sure there is. You can do so much with deep-dive database searches. A hunch from a front line employee is always welcome.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
A hunch from a front line employee is always welcome.
Chances that this is ever done (or at least acted upon) for hidden-city tickets are about as close to zero as you can get.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by formeraa
Exactly! The GA's did their job in an excellent manner. Otherwise, we would have a thread titiled "The GA's closed the door as I was running toward the gate".
Probably not. Not click baity enough.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by infinite97
I've done this, but I'm always kind enough to call the AA EXP line and tell them that my plans changed, and to please cancel my remaining leg(s).

​​​​​​​Do they ever question your intent or further challenge you? Very transparent of you to do this!
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by diver858
My first thought when reading this thread. Was traveling a few years back on an award ticket, on a LEGAL connection through PHL from somewhere (do not recall) in the Caribbean to SAN in domestic first. Flight landing was delayed, took forever for luggage to show up, causing me to arrive at the gate within 15 minutes of departure. Gate agent was well aware of my situation, was getting ready to give away my first class seat on an otherwise oversold flight.
Or, after a late incoming flight, showing up to the gate at T-12 to find the flight completely closed out and no agents anywhere to be seen... What followed was an almost comedic sequence of events, where not only did I end up flying UA Y in lieu of AA F, I spent 8 hours waiting to do so while UA was slowly checking aircraft off their active roster... happened 5 months ago... clearly still not bitter...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.