Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Why won't my trip show on AA.COM (booked w/Avios)?

Why won't my trip show on AA.COM (booked w/Avios)?

Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Why can't I add my trip on AA.COM (booked w/Avios)?

I booked a trip on BA.COM 2 days ago. Today I called AA and got my AA Rec. Locator # . Went to AA.COM and tried to add this trip. Message appeared saying "We are unable to display this reservation...." Will I ever be able to add it?

AA also wants $50 to change seats (known issue). They said I should be able to do it online for free. That's impossible since I can't add the flight. Ideas?

Can't change seats via BA.COM either. I sent them a tweet for assistance.

Last edited by philemer; Apr 15, 2018 at 3:10 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:24 pm

Is your AAdvantage number in the BA reservation?
philemer likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UpgradeMe
I don't think so. I made the rez. online and there was no place to add it, IIRC.
Would calling BA and adding it help?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
OP has the AA PNR. So if he/she isn't able to pull it up using that it shouldn't be an issue of the AAdvantage info
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Antarius
OP has the AA PNR. So if he/she isn't able to pull it up using that it shouldn't be an issue of the AAdvantage info
FWIW: When I book AA flights using Avios, BA adds my BA number automatically, I am unable to add the flight to my AA account, and it requires a call to AA reservations to have the numbers swapped.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

FWIW: When I book AA flights using Avios, BA adds my BA number automatically, I am unable to add the flight to my AA account, and it requires a call to AA reservations to have the numbers swapped.
Please explain further re: "it requires a call to AA reservations to have the numbers swapped" Do you mean have AA remove my BA # from the rez. and add my AA #?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Plat, VS Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by philemer
Please explain further re: "it requires a call to AA reservations to have the numbers swapped" Do you mean have AA remove my BA # from the rez. and add my AA #?
Yes.

In the old days, you could use the qatar/finnair/royal jordanian website to pull up the BA amadeus reservation and remove the BA number/add the AA number. I don't know if this is still possible.

Change FFN / frequent flyer number on AA booking? (master thread)
Old Apr 15, 2018, 5:55 pm

Swapping FF numbers is irrelevant to the original question. Using the AA rec loc you should be able to see the reservation. You could call to see what the problem is.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Swapping FF numbers is irrelevant to the original question. Using the AA rec loc you should be able to see the reservation. You could call to see what the problem is.
this
Old Apr 15, 2018, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Problem finally solved. Called back and AA rep said that my rez. looks OK and I ask her if my AA FF # is showing. She says hold on. She comes back a minute later and said my AA FF # was NOT showing so she added it and PROBLEM solved. ^

I'm guessing this may be an ongoing problem for future Avios reservations.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:23 pm

Technically they should not swap or add your FF flyer even though the system will not credit you FF miles
Old Apr 15, 2018, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Centurion
Technically they should not swap or add your FF flyer even though the system will not credit you FF miles
What establishes an obligation to leave a BA number in an Avios award booking?
Old Apr 15, 2018, 9:10 pm

I am not sure what the obligation is but I do know that AA IT dept has coded the FF entry box to a non changeable field on purpose. I also know that you will occasionally get a AA CSR who will not change the number. HUCA solves that problem and I move on. I also know back in the early days it was possible to get FF mile for award flights and those days are long gone.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:19 am

TSA precheck is another reason to have your AA number in any BA booking operated by AA. And yes, one has to call in to have your BA number removed from an Avios booking. Once the AA number is in, seat selection and precheck happen normally.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Problem finally solved. Called back and AA rep said that my rez. looks OK and I ask her if my AA FF # is showing. She says hold on. She comes back a minute later and said my AA FF # was NOT showing so she added it and PROBLEM solved.
This.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.