Community
Wiki Posts
Search

when do future flights open up?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

when do future flights open up?

Sorry i know there is probably a wiki on this, but i searched 15 minutes and couldn't find.

Planning a family trip to Hong Kong in May, 2019. Want to book asap so I can use my milesaver rewards. How can i find out which day and time the flights will open up.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
You can book an AA award ticket up to 331 days out. You shouldn't expect saver award inventory automatically to be loaded for the first date.

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/11/how...-book-airfare/
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With a subscription to ExpertFlyer.com, you can automatically monitor future flights for award availability, once the flights are loaded into the schedule at T-331 days.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 8:36 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Agree with what's been posted. SAAver inventory can take a week or more to get loaded into end-of-schedule flights. Since you mention going as a family, getting multiple MileSAAver seats probably won't be easy.

Check out the following Wiki for more info, and if you have any more questions when the time comes for you to search for/book MileSAAver flights.
HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance
Old Apr 7, 2018, 9:53 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It seems the days are gone where those few precious award seats are available at the T-331 mark. As stated, they may show up at T-325, or even T-14, totally dependent on the algorithms that determine how much demand is on the specific flight in question.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Agree with what's been posted. SAAver inventory can take a week or more to get loaded into end-of-schedule flights. Since you mention going as a family, getting multiple MileSAAver seats probably won't be easy.
OP doesn't mention class of service. Generally, multiple coach seats will be easier than business/first. That said, I've certainly seen instances of multiple (5+) business seats (award and upgrades) on long-haul -- quite frequently close-in on LHR flights when front loads are light, but even, say, 9-10 months in advance on something like CDG-MIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.