Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW IFC Dining access on a connection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
DFW IFC Dining access on a connection

I've got an upcoming itinerary: MGA-DFW-XNA in J, and I'm an EXP. The rules for access to the dining facility at DFW state that one must be "departing on or connection to" a qualifying international flight in order to access the facility. To me this sounds like I wouldn't have access on my above itinerary, but if I were flying the opposite direction (XNA-DFW-MGA) I would.

Am I correct in my assumption that I won't be let in?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I am not sure if Nicaragua qualifies for FL access in either direction.

International is defined as (from their page: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...rst-dining.jsp)Flights between the U.S. and:
  • Asia
  • Australia
  • Europe
  • South America
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, Amex Plt, AA AC
I don't think they have started/finished the FL at DFW anyway IAW AA.com. If you have AMEX Platinum just use that lounge, get a massage, food and drinks.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Unless it has closed in the last week, there's certainly a dining facility at the AC in D:

Until our new Flagship® Lounges are completed, eligible customers can still enjoy access to existing premium lounges in:LocationHoursDallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminal D (International First Class Dining only) Daily: 8:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
The website also lists Central America as a qualifying international destination.

***Qualifying international flights are those between the U.S. and Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City (MEX) only. Qualifying transcontinental flights are defined as non-stop between New York Kennedy (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX) or San Francisco (SFO). All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit. Departing flight must be the same-day (or before 6 a.m. the following day)
Has anybody been in here on a return portion of an itinerary when they connected to somewhere domestic?
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
Has anybody been in here on a return portion of an itinerary when they connected to somewhere domestic?
Yep I've accessed it several times when connecting from Europe or Asia. Shouldn't be any issue, just show your BP from your MGA-DFW flight like usual.
nutwpinut likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep I've accessed it several times when connecting from Europe or Asia. Shouldn't be any issue, just show your BP from your MGA-DFW flight like usual.
Cheers ^
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
International First Class Dining inside the DFW D AC now appears to be closed (likely ahead of the upcoming closing of the entire D lounge for renovations). On the plus side, the AC bar is now pouring Taittinger Champagne for those with drink chits (which is the only reason I used the first class dining room, anyways).

-FlyerBeek
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
But MGA is in Central America. I thought that was NOT a qualifying trip
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:07 am

Qualifying international flights between the U.S. and:

Asia
Australia
Central America
Europe
Mexico City (MEX)
New Zealand
South America
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:12 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Is dining available for business class?

I went through JFK on the way to Europe in business back in January and while I had access to the Flagship lounge, I did not have access to Flagship Dining. They said that was only for F.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:34 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
International First Class Dining inside the DFW D AC now appears to be closed (likely ahead of the upcoming closing of the entire D lounge for renovations).
-FlyerBeek
Rats ... I had a qualifying trip on April 2 and hoped to sneak in at the 11th hour. Do you reckon they'll have an alternative dining setup by then?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
There seems to be some confusion about the state of this dining facility in DFW. The current version is branded as an "International First Class Dining" facility and operated like old Flagship Lounges, i.e. international (Asia/Pacific, Europe, South and Central America, and MEX) F, EXP, and Emerald passengers have access (EXP and Emerald regardless of class). Since the facility is more akin to a dining room rather than a proper lounge, it was branded as a Flagship First Dining facility, rather than a full-on lounge.

The backstory to this is that with the introduction of the new Flagship Lounges and Flagship Dining facilities (as we've seen in JFK, etc.), old, un-renovated Flagship-branded facilities were rebranded as "International First Class" facilities to distinguish themselves from the new Flagship ones, while maintaining the old access rules described above until they were renovated. The DFW one is the last remaining such facility; starting in April, it along with the surrounding Admirals Club will be renovated into the new Flagship Lounge and Dining concept, with the updated access rules in place.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
Is dining available for business class?

I went through JFK on the way to Europe in business back in January and while I had access to the Flagship lounge, I did not have access to Flagship Dining. They said that was only for F.
Flagship First Dining is only available when flying F on qualifying International flights, or if flying F between JFK-SFO/LAX.

“Technically” it’s any transcon in F on a 3-class plane (F/J/Y), which is now only on those routes since they moved MIA-LAX to a 772 from a 77W.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: CK or bust
It's a bit confusing but for now reportedly former Flagship Dining at the terminal D Admirals Club location at DFW ONLY

- Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld®marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin
Thus, if you are flying to/from MGA via DFW and you are Executive platinum in Y or J, you would have had access to the DFW Flagship Dining facility if it was open just as you would the Flagship Lounges at JFK/LAX/MIA HOWEVER you will not have access to the Flagship First Dining rooms in JFK/LAX/MIA even if they were on the same itinerary (unless you meet the transcon F or international F on a three class requirements for those three dining rooms).

DFW's temporary facility was not considered true "Flagship First Dining" so entry qualifications match access qualifications to the Flagship Lounges rather than the LAX/MIA/JFK Flagship First Dining rooms.

When it does re-open as a full Flagship First Lounge with its Flagship First Dining, you will not have access to the dining room at DFW even if you have Flagship Lounge access unless you meet the normal F transcon F or international F on a three class requirements.
JDiver likes this.

Last edited by enpremiere; Mar 20, 2018 at 1:02 pm
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:16 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enpremiere
It's a bit confusing but for now reportedly former Flagship Dining at the terminal D Admirals Club location at DFW ONLY

- Invited guests include passengers on eligible international itineraries (traveling to/from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City) who are either:
  • Traveling in First Class on American Airlines or oneworld®marketed and operated flights, or
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum or oneworld® Emerald members traveling in any cabin
Thus, if you are flying to/from MGA via DFW and you are Executive platinum in Y or J, you would have had access to the DFW Flagship Dining facility if it was open just as you would the Flagship Lounges at JFK/LAX/MIA HOWEVER you will not have access to the Flagship First Dining rooms in JFK/LAX/MIA even if they were on the same itinerary (unless you meet the transcon F or international F on a three class requirements for those three dining rooms).

DFW's temporary facility was not considered true "Flagship First Dining" so entry qualifications match access qualifications to the Flagship Lounges rather than the LAX/MIA/JFK Flagship First Dining rooms.

When it does re-open as a full Flagship First Lounge with its Flagship First Dining, you will not have access to the dining room at DFW even if you have Flagship Lounge access unless you meet the normal F transcon F or international F on a three class requirements.
That is all correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.