Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Interline AA to Qatar baggage through check, separate PNRs (to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA MM, AA EXP; OW Emerald, EK silver

I am flying to Heathrow on AA and continuing from there on Qatar - two tickets with separate PNR. Any chance I'll be able to check my bags through Heathrow or will I need to collect them and recheck in at Terminal 4. Appreciate any insight on this, thanks.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
No luck.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...es-2016-a.html
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As 3Cforme says, not on separate ticketing - outbound, anyway, as AA, BA and some others are sticklers. On the return, Qatar will probably check your baggage through.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, had hoped there might be a loophole with this combo..... Now to figure the best way to get luggage plus a mobility limited husband between terminals - there's no way he'll make it from terminal 3 to the train or tube. Uber here I come....
Old Mar 26, 2018, 8:10 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by dwugson
Thanks, had hoped there might be a loophole with this combo..... Now to figure the best way to get luggage plus a mobility limited husband between terminals - there's no way he'll make it from terminal 3 to the train or tube. Uber here I come....
I think AA’s imposition of the QIK overlay on Sabre has made these exceptions very difficult to make by employees even if they’re inclined to do so. As well, AA seems to have been among the leading airlines advocating for an end to the original oneworld policy of interlining / through-checking of baggage on separate ticketing / Passenger Name Records as a revenue loss prevention measure. Though several oneworld airlines either never took advantage of the new policy loophole or walked back their non-through-checking, AA and BA, for example, have remained steadfast in adhering to what at least some of us believe is a customer unfriendly policy.

An Uber or other arranged transport may be the answer.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 28, 2018 at 4:56 pm
Old Mar 28, 2018, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. The positive, I suppose, is that at least I'll (hopefully) have some reassurance that my bags have made it part of the way! Appreciate the responses, it's always better to be prepared and have plans rather than being caught out. Uber it'll be! - at least the pickup point in Terminal 3 is close to the arrivals lounge.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.