Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Planning - Transcons with 757 w/ Lie Flat Seats?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Plat, Mariott Gold, Hilton Gold

This could be a game changer for routes like BOS-SFO (Currently with the 321T I believe), PHL to the west coast (vice versa), MIA to the west coast (vice versa), or large hub to hub DFW-ORD for example. Whats everyone's take?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by Pasqualle7
This could be a game changer for routes like BOS-SFO (Currently with the 321T I believe), PHL to the west coast (vice versa), MIA to the west coast (vice versa), or large hub to hub DFW-ORD for example. Whats everyone's take?
Why would DFW-ORD need lay flat seats? It's 802 miles according to
Great Circle Mapper
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AA doesn't even serve BOS-SFO. I think good candidates would be: BOS-LAX (321T operated on 1 of 5-6 frequencies for a month over the holidays), MIA-LAX/SFO (already have one 772 on MIA-LAX), PHL-LAX/SFO (already have one 330 each on LAX and SFO), CLT-LAX/SFO, JFK-SEA/SAN, DCA-LAX. PHL, MIA, and CLT seem more like long shots given the lack of competition.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:43 pm

my guess,
one on each of
JFK-SAN
JFK-SEA
DCA-LAX
MIA-LAX
BOS-LAX
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I could see: LAX-DCA,LAX-BOS,MIA-LAX,MIA-SFO.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 2:59 pm
Suspended

Always nice to share the sourcing:

Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang
my guess,
one on each of
JFK-SAN
JFK-SEA
DCA-LAX
MIA-LAX
BOS-LAX
I'll add LAX-RDU
if they're doing it to be competitive, it'll likely be LAX-DCA/MIA/BOS routes though. No real "need" to upgrade CLT, PHL, or RDU, but I'd like all 3 of those last 3 to get lie flats.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I'd like to see some 321T out of Phoenix. It's only 320 from LAX (which would depend on GC routing of course). I don't think it's likely, just that I would want to see it.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Any chance they replace those old 757 used on the Hawaii routes with these or at least add in these seats?

Originally Posted by Gig103
I'd like to see some 321T out of Phoenix. It's only 320 from LAX (which would depend on GC routing of course). I don't think it's likely, just that I would want to see it.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by AUSINSIGHT
Any chance they replace those old 757 used on the Hawaii routes with these or at least add in these seats?

Not likely. Those planes are leaving by 2020 to be replaced by the MAX.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Talking

Originally Posted by mvoight
Why would DFW-ORD need lay flat seats? It's 802 miles according to
Great Circle Mapper

Would make for a heck of a ride. Similar to the DFW-ORD on 777 or 787.

No mention of the "stand-up" seats that will be installed in Y to accommodate J seats????
Time will tell & let's see, would be nice to see the 757 have a new life. The JFK 321T's do make for a nice ride across country will give AA credit for maintaining this service.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I'll add LAX-RDU
if they're doing it to be competitive, it'll likely be LAX-DCA/MIA/BOS routes though. No real "need" to upgrade CLT, PHL, or RDU, but I'd like all 3 of those last 3 to get lie flats.
i certainly agree they need to add lie flats into routes that DL has lie flats in order to protect its status as the top dog in LAX. on the other hand, if they neglect markets like JFK-SAN/SEA/LAS, they are going to get run off those routes by DL/B6.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; (HP-FF>US DM - RIP);Marriott Lifetime Plat and a bunch of others
Ain't gonna happen but it would be REALLY NICE if they put lay-flats on the 757's from PHX to Hawaii.

Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Mia-lax sell out almost all flights in J. Bet they get a disproportionate share, as they are leaving big $$ on the table. Right now, seems like the toughest upgrade in the system , either CK or exp with SWU if you are lucky. I’m #1 on an afternoon Wednesday flight but first is checked in full, so only if there’s a no show will anyone get upgraded.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (but always US in my heart), HH Diamond
I had the 757 lay-flat seats on my last two PHL-LAS trips. It was excellent!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.