JFK-BOS A321T First Class Drink Policy?

Old Mar 25, 18, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Question JFK-BOS A321T First Class Drink Policy?

I was just wondering if full open bar is still available in first class on JFK-BOS operated by a 321T. I am aware of a policy change last year eliminating the drink cart on JFK-BOS and other non-shuttle, short-haul flights. Does that apply to First class passengers as well? A viewfromthewing article suggests that even first class passengers will be treated with water bottles and juice cups instead of regular drinks and cocktail. I am really curious if that is really the case since the article was published before the policy was enforced.

What about a snack basket? It would be really disappointing if no drink or snack services are available on the 321T First Class, given the hardware is a true first-class product.
Hope someone could help me figure out the situation as I am booking for a family member who speaks minimal English. It would really help if I could have a better idea of what to expect on board.
Thanks a lot.
Old Mar 25, 18, 9:46 pm

It should be a beverage service and snack basket service. However given the short duration of the flight it may not be possible.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I've flown this route and aircraft combination a number of times up front; both full beverage service and snack basket were offered each time. Of course, you may get unlucky if there's enough turbulence to warrant stopping FA service for a significant portion of the flight.
Old Mar 26, 18, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JayJu View Post
What about a snack basket? It would be really disappointing if no drink or snack services are available on the 321T First Class, given the hardware is a true first-class product.
The hardware will have absolutely nothing to do with the service on board.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Mar 26, 18, 7:58 am
nrr

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
On March 2, I (and 20 other "nuts") flew on a 30 seat plane from Republic Airport (Farmingdale, Long Island) to Atlantic City [in conjunction with a Fly Borgata "deal"]. That day was one of the major N'easters to hit the NE--winds were gusting to 60+ mph. The flight took 25 minutes; the FA served snacks and drinks.
Old Mar 26, 18, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The 321 won't affect the service. The turbulence may. If the latter, there may not be any service or it may be limited to plastic cups of water filled 1/2 way. But, given that you may only be in the air for 35-40 minutes, there will be some place open at BOS where you can grab something to drink after landing.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Mar 26, 18, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dkc192 View Post
I've flown this route and aircraft combination a number of times up front; both full beverage service and snack basket were offered each time. Of course, you may get unlucky if there's enough turbulence to warrant stopping FA service for a significant portion of the flight.
Thats very helpful! Thank you!
Old Mar 26, 18, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

I totally understand that. It's just a stark, sad contrast when you are seated in a top-notch product but served with tiny water bottles
Old Mar 26, 18, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JayJu View Post
I totally understand that. It's just a stark, sad contrast when you are seated in a top-notch product but served with tiny water bottles
AA never intended for the 321T hard product to serve the JFK-BOS market. It just so happens that there's enough slack in the 321T and that it's the perfectly sized aircraft to serve the market (larger than a regional jet but smaller than a 737 or 319).
JDiver likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: