Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is status printed on your boarding pass?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
Is status printed on your boarding pass?

Hiya,

AA gave me complimentary Platinum status for a couple months but didn't send a card. I might be able to get into a couple BA Business lounges as a Sapphire on an upcoming trip, if I can prove my status. If so, do they print Oneworld as well as AA?

FWIW, I did a google site: search but it was fruitless.

Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:19 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Yes it should be printed on your boarding pass.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hertz and Best Western, a free agent in all other respects
Originally Posted by 355F1
Yes it should be printed on your boarding pass.
Thanks. AA and Oneworld? I can just imagine a lounge entry person saying Platinum doesn't mean Sapphire. But sometimes I think too much
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:38 pm

Last I knew, BA lounge access required the physical card. But I haven't been on BA since they started the fuel surcharge scam.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Your BP will show both your AA status and your 1W equivalent.
JDiver and Bow Rider like this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Last I knew, BA lounge access required the physical card. But I haven't been on BA since they started the fuel surcharge scam.
I've never been requested to show the physical card with BA. Having my AAdvantage # in the reservation was always enough.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
They’ll scan your boarding pass and match it to your ID. The scan of your boarding pass will tell them everything they need to know about your status.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Is the AA "status on us" good for OW? UA's status challenge for Gold, I read, I was limited to UA status and did not confer Star benefits. Not sure about Delta either.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/2.9mm | Marriott LT Titanium 1.6k nights | NEXUS
If you get a BP from an agent, your status will *usually* show up as a diagonal watermark in the middle; if not the OW status is always right under your seat assignment.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by AATrout
If you get a BP from an agent, your status will *usually* show up as a diagonal watermark in the middle; if not the OW status is always right under your seat assignment.
I have not seen the watermarks printed on agent-issued boarding passes in a couple of years.

I have three examples of boarding passes that I’m currently in possession of.
1) Agent-issued boarding pass on card stock: The passenger’s AAdvantage® status is only shown in one place, under the passenger name on the small part (to the right of the perforation) of the pass. The passenger’s oneworld® status is shown in two places. It is shown under the group number on the small part of the pass and also under the seat assignment on the larger part of the boarding pass.
2) Boarding pass printed from AA.com: Both the passenger’s AAdvantage® and oneworld® status is shown under the passenger name and to the right of the passenger’s AAdvantage® number.
3) Boarding pass printed from an airport kiosk: The pass I have only has the passenger’s AAdvantage® status but has no indication of the passenger’s oneworld® status.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:00 pm

Malaysia Airlines and Japan Airlines have both reliably shown my Sapphire status on the boarding passes. Makes lounge access easy.

I'm going off memory, but I think Qatar Airways did not show it properly one trip, but it was right after I had earned it so maybe it hadn't propogated from AA's systems yet. It was difficult to get into a lounge, but it did work after some phone calls for verification.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
No one has asked for my card in the last 5 years. They just scan the BP hand it back to me say , welcome Mr. <butchered version of my last name ) and that is it.

Sample size: BA (5 countries), CX (3 countries), MH (1 country), QF (1 country), AB (1 country), LATAM (2 countries)
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
I have not seen the watermarks printed on agent-issued boarding passes in a couple of years.
I reliably get the watermarks from curbside bag check agents, but never from in-terminal agents. Not sure why.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Is the AA "status on us" good for OW?
Yes
Old Mar 25, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Bow Rider
Hiya,

AA gave me complimentary Platinum status for a couple months but didn't send a card. I might be able to get into a couple BA Business lounges as a Sapphire on an upcoming trip, if I can prove my status. If so, do they print Oneworld as well as AA?

FWIW, I did a google site: search but it was fruitless.

Thanks
How do you get complimentary platinum status? I dropped from Plat to Gold this year due to some work projects that restricted my travel last year. I'm dying! Lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.