FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Interline Agreement with Air Tahiti Nui (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1900305-interline-agreement-air-tahiti-nui.html)

mgobluetex Mar 23, 2018 10:11 am

Interline Agreement with Air Tahiti Nui

I apologize in advance if this has been answered in a previous thread. I tried search but couldn't find a concrete answer. My question is, does AA have an interline baggage agreement with Air Tahiti? I'm flying AA to LAX to connect to an Air Tahiti flight with a 2 hour layover in between flights. Will AA check my bags at my originating airport all the way through to Tahiti? What do I ask the front line agent when I arrive for check in?

Before you slap my hand for a 2 hour layover just know that AA changed the flight schedule and this was the only non-stop to LAX without a 6 hour layover. Look forward to your replies. Thanks!

CO777ER Mar 23, 2018 10:25 am

According to ExpertFlyer AA has a baggage interline agreement with TN.

wrp96 Mar 23, 2018 11:28 am

Was this booked on one ticket or separate tickets? If it's one ticket, then AA will check through. If it's on separate tickets, AA will not check the bags through to TN.

mgobluetex Mar 23, 2018 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by wrp96 (Post 29558768)
Was this booked on one ticket or separate tickets? If it's one ticket, then AA will check through. If it's on separate tickets, AA will not check the bags through to TN.

This is booked on one ticket. My concern is that the check in agent won't know about the agreement or thing they can check bags through to Tahiti since it's not a common destination.

wrp96 Mar 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by mgobluetex (Post 29558983)
This is booked on one ticket. My concern is that the check in agent won't know about the agreement or thing they can check bags through to Tahiti since it's not a common destination.

If it's on one ticket, the computer should automatically know the bags can be checked through.

no1cub17 Mar 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Tahiti is certainly a well known destination. There shouldn't be any issue with this at all, regardless of checkin agent.

ryan182 Mar 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Air Tahiti Nui is a partner airline, they have an interline agreement and as others have mentioned because its one ticket they will check the bags through and you should have no problem at all, if they were seperate tickets you would need to re-check. Previously if it was a OW carrier they would do the same even if it was not on the same ticket but that changed last year and now AA will only check bags through if on the same ticket.

Often1 Mar 23, 2018 6:18 pm

OP does not need to be concerned. Definitionally, a route sold on one ticket means that there are interline ticketing and baggage agreements. Check-in agents don't need to know anything other than to check in a bag. A tag to the ticketed destination will spit out.

frudd38 Jan 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Does Air Tahiti Nui have interline agreement with Air France? Award ticket LAX-CDG to a cash ticket CDG-XXX in this case.

Mwenenzi Jan 22, 2020 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38 (Post 31983667)
Does Air Tahiti Nui have interline agreement with Air France? Award ticket LAX-CDG to a cash ticket CDG-XXX in this case.

A question that has nothing to do with AA
Ask in the "other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines" sub forum
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...-airlines-470/

mvoight Jan 22, 2020 8:34 pm

The agent doesn't have to know, as the computer will do this.