Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E75 gates in CLT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

E75 gates in CLT

Got an Eagle flight on an E75 through CLT. Can't say I've seen them out on the E gates, do they use B/C or are they somewhere out on E? First time this type showed up on the route, and need to check connection time being reasonable, which depends on which gate it's parking. Search didn't really find much, AA is using a A319 on the route now, and I've not looked for them in the past, almost always connecting B/C to cr900, and know what to expect for that in CLT.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Usually, I've seen/flown E75s out of the C concourse.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:11 pm

All the E75 flights i’ve been on have been out of E.
  • Concourse A is used by other airlines (Air Canada, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Southwest, United, Via)
  • Concourse B is usually used for flights to the West
  • Concourse C is usually used for East coast flights. Republic operated flights fly out of C as well.
  • Concourse D (The International Concourse) All transatlantic flights out of CLT are at the far end of concourse D (Lufthansa included)
  • D4 (A and B) are also express gates (Piedmont operated flights.)
  • Concourse E is the American Eagle concourse (Regional flights – RJs and turboprops)
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Platinum UA Silver
I fly a lot of Eagle flights through E and I have never seen an E175 in the E concourse. E concourse is CRJs, Dash 8s, and E145s. I’ve flown on E175s through the C concourse and I’ve seen them a few times in D. If your incoming flight is domestic, you will most likely fly out of C. There are sometimes some international flights that operate on E175s, but I don’t know if there are any currently. If an international flight (from a non-Preclearance airport) was your inbound flight, then you would fly from the D concourse.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:44 pm

Apologies, i’m being an idiot, ignore my post regarding E175’s.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

thedeeg, no worries. I'm looking at a 41 minute connection, and hesitating not knowing where they park for a trip a couple weeks out, wanted a better read before booking. Flying through CLT in a week so I can get first hand then, but trying to book while the seat is reasonable. Thinking E to E is fine, E to B, that gets interesting. Did finally find 1 that went through C7, so I'll look for it tomorrow and see where it parks. Doesn't seem to be a ton of them going through, so finding the routes they run takes a bit of work.

Last edited by autdi; Mar 22, 2018 at 9:12 pm Reason: Found 1 example
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
While CLT is not the smallest airport, it is still very manageable, even if you are going from the farthest gate in E to the farthest gate over in A/B. All the E175 flights at CLT are probably going to be at C.

The E gates are limited to AA's Dash 8's, E145's, and any CRJ variant.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP
The biggest problem with short layovers in Charlotte is the ground traffic. Depending on the time of day, it can take 20 -30 minutes to taxi to your gate after landing.
aztimm likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
E concourse is for low height aircraft - Canadair series aircraft, Dashes and the E140s/145s. Most of the E170 and 175s that I see park at the low C and B gates - closer to the terminal.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by DCP2016
While CLT is not the smallest airport, it is still very manageable, even if you are going from the farthest gate in E to the farthest gate over in A/B.
Yeah, if it wasn't for the thin hallways and throngs of people walking at a snails pace to their next gate. With the banked connections, this place can be a hell hole if you need to hoof it to your next gate and it's clear across the airport.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Made it from E32 to C16 once in 6 minutes to make my flight home (including the shortcut through the Admirals Club). Then I realized I left my laptop in the seat back pocket of my aircraft still parked at E32. D'oh!!!!!!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Ended up through CLT Saturday, single E75 parked at C5, so that looks consistent the low C gates. On the connection I went back and looked, a BHM CLT flight was given 1:40, looking back on the last week, it's been mostly a 1 hour flight, so it looks to have baked in quite a bit of ground time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.