Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Temp Platinum Pro MCE Upgraded Tix - Retain After Expiry?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:02 am
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott

I was currently have temporary Platinum Pro status through mid July. It now opens up the options to book into Main Cabin Extra for free. I have a few flights to book after my challenge expires. My question is based on other peoples experiences, will I get to keep those seats in Main Cabin Extra? Or will AA automatically downgrade us?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Dad to GO
I was currently have temporary Platinum Pro status through mid July. It now opens up the options to book into Main Cabin Extra for free. I have a few flights to book after my challenge expires. My question is based on other peoples experiences, will I get to keep those seats in Main Cabin Extra? Or will AA automatically downgrade us?
You will typically keep the seats as long as there isn't any type of equipment change or schedule change for your flights.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:36 am
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You will typically keep the seats as long as there isn't any type of equipment change or schedule change for your flights.
Thanks... I guess the question is do I want to risk booking a flight to Europe as well, and hope that we keep those seats. 11 hours with 6 extra inches of legroom I can handle. Not sure we'd survive if it was regular economy... especially with an infant, 3 year old and 5 year old!
E55 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Thanks... I guess the question is do I want to risk booking a flight to Europe as well, and hope that we keep those seats. 11 hours with 6 extra inches of legroom I can handle. Not sure we'd survive if it was regular economy... especially with an infant, 3 year old and 5 year old!
That trip sounds like a good reason to complete the Challenge successfully.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Best. Comment. Ever.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I have a few flights to book after my challenge expires.
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Ditto. But OP, you must have originally intended to complete the challenge, what changed where you don't think you will?
...and how did you get a PPro challenge rather than regular Plat? Was this a special challenge for employees of a particular company?
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:17 am
Used to be garyjr316
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Ditto. But OP, you must have originally intended to complete the challenge, what changed where you don't think you will?
...and how did you get a PPro challenge rather than regular Plat? Was this a special challenge for employees of a particular company?
I have absolutely no clue how I got this. I haven't had a paid flight on AA in years! I was merely looking for a few award tickets (4) to Europe for this fall... but nothing is booked. Then all of a sudden I got this challenge email and now I currently have Platinum Pro until mid July unless I complete the challenge (which is unlikely).
Old Mar 19, 2018, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
I have absolutely no clue how I got this. I haven't had a paid flight on AA in years! I was merely looking for a few award tickets (4) to Europe for this fall... but nothing is booked. Then all of a sudden I got this challenge email and now I currently have Platinum Pro until mid July unless I complete the challenge (which is unlikely).
Maybe we would all be better off if we simply stop flying AA for years, as they seem to want to attract that kind of passenger.
That said, if offered a challenge like that, and I was planning on making a trip, it would be a good time to use the award miles for people going with me, but to seriously consider buying a ticket that would help me meet the challenge.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by mvoight
Maybe we would all be better off if we simply stop flying AA for years, as they seem to want to attract that kind of passenger.
That said, if offered a challenge like that, and I was planning on making a trrip it would be a good time to use the award miles for people going with me, but to seriously consider buying a ticket that would help me meet the challenge.
@:-)^^^^^^^
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HIlton Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
That said, if offered a challenge like that, and I was planning on making a trip, it would be a good time to use the award miles for people going with me, but to seriously consider buying a ticket that would help me meet the challenge.
Yes, but you may not be able to use your luggage or seating benefits for the people on the award ticket. I believe the letter of the rule is same PNR. You might find a nice agent, but wouldn't count on it.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by gcsmith
Yes, but you may not be able to use your luggage or seating benefits for the people on the award ticket. I believe the letter of the rule is same PNR. You might find a nice agent, but wouldn't count on it.
I have been 100 percent for both seating and baggage... But, the last time I had this situation was about 2 years ago.
Before then, it was multiple times per year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.