Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Updating Cole Haan Amenity Kits in "March 2018"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Updating Cole Haan Amenity Kits in "March 2018"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by econometrics
The kit for International J looks like a downgrade, but I'll have to see. Seems very BA "wash bag" esque.
I look forward to seeing what's new out of curiosity, but the current (2017) Cole Hann bag looks pretty great and reusable as a dopp kit (based on TPG's photos). The twitter link in your post makes me tend to agree that the nice bags are going to First and business might be a downgrade.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:57 pm
Suspended

I have a pretty nice collection of Crest toothpaste for all my trips, thanks to AA.
+1

I think you can buy them now in Bed Bath and Beyond. Not sure if it is $1 it $1.99...
Old Mar 14, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by Gig103
I look forward to seeing what's new out of curiosity, but the current (2017) Cole Hann bag looks pretty great and reusable as a dopp kit (based on TPG's photos). The twitter link in your post makes me tend to agree that the nice bags are going to First and business might be a downgrade.
I'm not a fan of the current ones. PM me your address and I will send you a whole bunch of them, ha!

I liked these ones. The bag size was nice, and easy to get things out of (unlike the current one): http://travelsbyjc.com/wp-content/up...67073109_n.jpg

The current leather F kit bag is also nice.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm not a fan of the current ones. PM me your address and I will send you a whole bunch of them, ha!

I liked these ones. The bag size was nice, and easy to get things out of (unlike the current one): http://travelsbyjc.com/wp-content/up...67073109_n.jpg

yes I use that kit you like to hold my electric shaver, deodorant etc for my travels.....works very well.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
During ski season I can't get enough of the lip balm - though I prefer the actual sticks as opposed to the small tube they give you now
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by uscjeff
During ski season I can't get enough of the lip balm - though I prefer the actual sticks as opposed to the small tube they give you now
Especially because the tube usually starts oozing from the cabin pressure as soon as you open it at cruise altitude.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott

I just stop grabbing them any more. Not enough space in my place now with all the amenity bags lol
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
I just stop grabbing them any more. Not enough space in my place now with all the amenity bags lol
Same. I was bringing them home for the kids to use for things, or my wife to use for putting odds and ends in, but they mounted up in a pile in my drawer and we cleaned 'em out last year.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:36 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The kit for International J looks like a downgrade, but I'll have to see. Seems very BA "wash bag" esque.
Funny thing is, the BA "wash bag" kits are some of the only ones I've repurposed, as shoe bags.

(The only other ones are these early 2000s era cheap UA bags that are tiny by today's standards, but are small pouches with drawstrings... perfect for storing chargers and cables.)
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:13 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
A few years ago they add SCOPE MOUTHWASH to the kits.
I was connecting in LHR recently, the Security agent announced info re kits you may have received on the plane. Would pax have to open their kits to remove the MW and move it to their "special baggie"? Once I had a 0.5 g tube of ointment (which I didn't place in the baggie), that caused LHR security agent to remove every item from my c/o for inspection.
[On past connections in LHR the MW was no issue...have things changed?]
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nrr
A few years ago they add SCOPE MOUTHWASH to the kits.
I was connecting in LHR recently, the Security agent announced info re kits you may have received on the plane. Would pax have to open their kits to remove the MW and move it to their "special baggie"? Once I had a 0.5 g tube of ointment (which I didn't place in the baggie), that caused LHR security agent to remove every item from my c/o for inspection.
[On past connections in LHR the MW was no issue...have things changed?]
Well, the mouthwash now is just a small 1oz (maybe?) plastic container.

But the Crest toothpaste tubes are bigger. And I never take them out before sending it through the LHR hyper-screener. I've not had my bag kicked over by leaving the amenity kits in my bag... even the new tiny mouthwash.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I had a whole bunch of amenity kits in my suitcase closet and sold them as a lot on eBay. Evidently there are folks who collect them.
JDiver likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Well, the mouthwash now is just a small 1oz (maybe?) plastic container.

But the Crest toothpaste tubes are bigger. And I never take them out before sending it through the LHR hyper-screener. I've not had my bag kicked over by leaving the amenity kits in my bag... even the new tiny mouthwash.
I've definitely had my bag kicked over, and the entire contents searched, just for having the mouthwash in it from the amenity kit. BA now makes special announcements while on board that amenity kit contents are considered part of your liquid allowances and must be put in your clear plastic bag.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Does anyone actually use all the items in an amenity kit? I'm willing to get that, in an average kit, half the items are never used.
I use the tooth brush & tooth paste, that's it. I keep a couple eye shades from JAL, which I much prefer over AA.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
Originally Posted by ajklink
I would like to see more hand lotion (not even enough for the flight) and less lip balm (who doesn’t already have chapstick?) in the AA amenity kits.
It's a lifetime supply of hand lotion for me, and I don't carry chapstick. Guess not everyone is the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.