Search

Aborted Takeoff - Kudos to AA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2018, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Dirt, HHonors Silver
Aborted Takeoff - Kudos to AA

I have to admit, I was impressed.

Was on flight 272 PHX-SEA yesterday. We were barreling down the runway and, at 100 knots when the engines powered down and we slammed on the brakes. Pilot gave us constant updates as to what was going on. They had a warning light (slats on the wing) and decided to abort. We pulled off the runway and the crew ran diagnostics. Could not find anything wrong, but for safety we returned to a gate. Maintenance could not find a problem either, but decided to pull the plane just to be safe. By the time we de-boarded, they already had a replacement plane lined up. They kept us well informed and seemed very organized. As a bonus, the replacement plane event had AVOD. We ended up leaving 2 hours late, which was pretty impressive given we all de-boarded, walked from gate A22 to A12, and re-boarded in under an hour.

Kudos and thank you AA - for being safe and professional and helping to ensure my daughter still has her dad around!
Old Mar 13, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by FlyinMike
I have to admit, I was impressed.

Was on flight 272 PHX-SEA yesterday. We were barreling down the runway and, at 100 knots when the engines powered down and we slammed on the brakes. Pilot gave us constant updates as to what was going on. They had a warning light (slats on the wing) and decided to abort. We pulled off the runway and the crew ran diagnostics. Could not find anything wrong, but for safety we returned to a gate. Maintenance could not find a problem either, but decided to pull the plane just to be safe. By the time we de-boarded, they already had a replacement plane lined up. They kept us well informed and seemed very organized. As a bonus, the replacement plane event had AVOD. We ended up leaving 2 hours late, which was pretty impressive given we all de-boarded, walked from gate A22 to A12, and re-boarded in under an hour.

Kudos and thank you AA - for being safe and professional and helping to ensure my daughter still has her dad around!
Thanks for sharing. So often we hear the "other" side of the story. Glad to hear all went well.
Old Mar 13, 2018, 2:06 pm
formerly PHLGrump

Like to hear these types of positive reports, rather than all of the bad!
KansasMike likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.