Wiki Posts
Search

Compass Airlines on Behalf of AA ...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Compass Airlines on Behalf of AA ...

If I were to book a domestic flight through AA a flight which has an AA number but is "operated by Compass on behalf of American Eagle" does this count as a one world flight for the purposes of status? ie would I be entitled to lounge access and extra baggage allowance as a result of OW status.

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by ThrowingBoeing
If I were to book a domestic flight through AA a flight which has an AA number but is "operated by Compass on behalf of American Eagle" does this count as a one world flight for the purposes of status? ie would I be entitled to lounge access and extra baggage allowance as a result of OW status.

Thanks
Yes, it counts as a OW airline and you'll receive all of your OW status benefits. I quite like Compass so long as you get one of the newer aircraft.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calum
Yes, it counts as a OW airline and you'll receive all of your OW status benefits. I quite like Compass so long as you get one of the newer aircraft.
Wow that was quick. many thanks
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that's fine for lounge and baggage rights, and you should earn Avios and TPs if on a revenue booking. AA has something like two dozen of these operators around. It's similar to the Titan / Germania flights from LGW.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:24 am

Wow that was quick. many thanks
One word of warning, If your on a compass flight outta LAX, be sure to take the bus to the mini terminal in time - I got caught out and almost missed a fight to DEN last year when I was still sitting in the QF lounge 20 minutes before the gate closed.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

One word of warning, If your on a compass flight outta LAX, be sure to take the bus to the mini terminal in time - I got caught out and almost missed a fight to DEN last year when I was still sitting in the QF lounge 20 minutes before the gate closed.
Thanks. The QF lounge was the primary reason for me enquiring as I will be more than likely Gold by the time I fly from LAX. Is it worth the messing around with terminals even if its just for business lounge or should I just use AA lounge if I'm not Gold by then ?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:31 am

Thanks. The QF lounge was the primary reason for me enquiring as I will be more than likely Gold by the time I fly from LAX. Is it worth the messing around with terminals even if its just for business lounge or should I just use AA lounge if I'm not Gold by then ?
If you've got time to burn, without a doubt head over to TBIT and get in to whatever QF lounge you can. I'd say allow 5 minutes to get between TBIT and T4 but after that you've got the lottery of waiting for the bus to the mini terminal where all the compass flights are, the bus could be waiting for you or it could be 10 minutes so don't cut it too fine.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:33 am
Original Poster

If you've got time to burn, without a doubt head over to TBIT and get in to whatever QF lounge you can. I'd say allow 5 minutes to get between TBIT and T4 but after that you've got the lottery of waiting for the bus to the mini terminal where all the compass flights are, the bus could be waiting for you or it could be 10 minutes so don't cut it too fine.
Great Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
Yeah, give yourself at least 20 minutes to do the T4 to "Eagle's Nest" bus transfer. Sometimes the bus can even end up being sat on an airside road for several minutes giving way to manoeuvring aircraft, which have right of way.

If you're one for "scratching in" as many lounges as you can, there is even a mini Admirals Club here.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, that's fine for lounge and baggage rights, and you should earn Avios and TPs if on a revenue booking. AA has something like two dozen of these operators around. It's similar to the Titan / Germania flights from LGW.
As of 12/31/2017, AA had ten regional carriers operating 597 aircraft as American Eagle:

PSA
Air Wisconsin (terminated Feb. 2018)
Skywest
Envoy
ExpressJet
Mesa
Piedmont
Republic
Compass
Trans States

Some of those are subsidiaries of the same parent. See page 34 of the 2017 annual report.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP
If you're BAEC Gold, you can also take advantage of the AA Flagship Lounge in T4. From the FL lounge, the bus from T4 to the American Eagle terminal is a two minute walk away. But - like others mentioned - leave yourself some time to make the bus. I fly SFO/LAX on Compass every other week and every once in a while the bus can take a long (long) time. Frequently see folks missing their flight as a result of long bus wait times. Also noting there's an Admirals Club in the remote terminal which you'll have access to.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Not sure if you're connecting from one flight to the Compass flight at LAX but ...

At LAX, American flies out of Terminals 4 and 5, TBIT (Tom Bradley International), and the remote terminal. Terminals 4, 5, and TBIT are all connected inside security with 4 & 5 being connected through an underground tunnel and 4 and TBIT being connected through an overhead walkway. You need to take a bus to/from the remote terminal and can catch the bus from either Terminal 4 or 5.

There is are Admirals Clubs in T4, T5, and the remote terminal. The best Admirals Club is in T5. There is a Flagship Lounge in T4 and TBIT has QF First and Biz lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.