Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:22 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by scottmlew
the wording of my post was not clear, sorry. My report is from an in-person visit (by myself). I should have said something like “until today, I hadn’t been to B in years”.
Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Those DFW Admirals Clubs should be interesting places for the next three weeks while the Centurion Lounge is closed at DFW.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jcatman
Those DFW Admirals Clubs should be interesting places for the next three weeks while the Centurion Lounge is closed at DFW.
Let alone the overcrowding at the Terminal D AA "Premium" Lounge.. they better order a few more cases of plastic cups, plates etc..
jcatman likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Let alone the overcrowding at the Terminal D AA "Premium" Lounge.. they better order a few more cases of plastic cups, plates etc..
I don't think that will be an issue at all.

1. It's a very large space
2. I think the Amex Lounge became a place where AC members went when the D AC closed
3. You have to be flying on an INTL itinerary to use the Premium Lounge. No AC membership entry to this one.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by econometrics
I don't think that will be an issue at all.

1. It's a very large space
2. I think the Amex Lounge became a place where AC members went when the D AC closed
3. You have to be flying on an INTL itinerary to use the Premium Lounge. No AC membership entry to this one.
I was mostly being facetious.. "Premium" = Plastic

However, not sure I totally agree with your some of your conclusions. The Amex Lounge was wildly popular before there were any specific plans of closing the AC in D for renovations, and expansion plans were announced quite awhile ago. Also the AC was effectively the Biz/F class lounge for Int'l travelers, and not sure all have Amex Plat or above cards that is required for access to the Amex Lounge.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
For those quickly reading the thread -- the Amex CL in D isn't actually closing until Tues, July 24...so if you're flying intl over the weekend or Monday, you're in luck (this applies to me, and I'm quite grateful for the timing).
econometrics likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 4:40 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I just got off a Qatar flight at DFW and connecting to SFO on AA

visiting the Premium Lounge here is an embarrassment, what a complete joke, I feel as though I am at McDonalds

people cry about the slightest shortcomings at Qatar, Emirates, Cathay....................... any of their lounges are 10 times better than this horrid place
Old Jul 22, 2018, 5:18 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

My impression of the lounge is more favourable. I found it to be a relaxing and peaceful environment.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by #1son

visiting the Premium Lounge here is an embarrassment, what a complete joke, I feel as though I am at McDonalds

people cry about the slightest shortcomings at Qatar, Emirates, Cathay....................... any of their lounges are 10 times better than this horrid place
For those of us that haven't visited this lounge yet, perhaps you could give some details? I get that you did not like it but without details it isn't very helpful.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 8:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by #1son

Considering it's a temporary facility while the old one is torn out and rebuilt, it's better than the alternative (which is nothing.)
Old Jul 22, 2018, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by mcgahat
For those of us that haven't visited this lounge yet, perhaps you could give some details? I get that you did not like it but without details it isn't very helpful.
If you search in this thread over the last few months I posted some pics I took. It's really bad despite the size of it. The furniture is a mish mash of various 1992 Embassy Suites stuff.

The bar is a portabar like a porta-tiki bar. Parker is so cheap that's all he'll spend not to mention two hot plates of various slop--the presentation is so horrible it's quite offputting.

The other One World lounges are out as they only allow admittance to folks on their own metal.

I highly advise skipping the AA temp lounge all together and take a quick air train over to the A Admirals Club--much nicer.
#1son likes this.

Last edited by enviroian; Jul 22, 2018 at 10:58 am
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
horrible coffee, plastic cutlery, paper plates, some bagels and muffins that all seemed to be made from the same cheap dough, hard bolled eggs (shelled) all piled in a bowl...............

one toilet in a bathroom connected to a space with a capacity of 200 people

there was certainly nothing premium about the lounge (unless of course a big night out for you is Burger King ;-) and nothing was better

I went to Lavazza for a coffee

agree with above, Admirals Club would be better option
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by Prospero
My impression of the lounge is more favourable. I found it to be a relaxing and peaceful environment.
I agree that it is a quite, peaceful and clean space. If you are not looking for a premium food and drink environment, it is a nice place to relax or do some work.

The last time I entered the space (July 7th), the agent outside the elevator, before going up to the lounge, began to explain to me that is was a temporary lounge, they lacked any cooking and dish washing, etc. - basically apologizing for it's very basic services before I even went up. I stopped her part way through her apology dialogue, telling her I have been there a few times already, so I knew what to expect. I gathered by this attempt to temper my expectations that they have been receiving complaints.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does this lounge serve alcohol on Sunday mornings since it’s different than an Admirals Club?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does this lounge serve alcohol on Sunday mornings since it’s different than an Admirals Club?
Texas laws still apply..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.