Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
If I am going from SIN-NRT-LAX-DFW-SNA on a award ticket flying a mix of JAL and AA. Can I access the temp premium lounge in DFW. I am platinum with AA.
I really hate the 405, too, but that seems excessive.
MSP_Monopoly and roder like this.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Gold, SW A List, Marriott Gold
Currently sitting in the D terminal Premium lounge, sipping my champagne from a plastic cup. Wi-Fi doesn’t work.

This is sure is a huge let down after the wonderful Flagship Lounge experience at ORD this morning.

They have hot “Beef”, “Chicken”, and “Rice”. Also two soups and some sandwiches which appear to be tuna salad and look like they have been there for days.

Also, some prepackaged snacks like cookies and granola bars and chips.

There is no self serve bar/fridge, not even for grab and go items like soda or water. No fountain soda machine either.

I’m getting ready to head over to the A terminal admirals club instead.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSP_Monopoly
Currently sitting in the D terminal Premium lounge, sipping my champagne from a plastic cup. Wi-Fi doesn’t work.

This is sure is a huge let down after the wonderful Flagship Lounge experience at ORD this morning.

They have hot “Beef”, “Chicken”, and “Rice”. Also two soups and some sandwiches which appear to be tuna salad and look like they have been there for days.

Also, some prepackaged snacks like cookies and granola bars and chips.

There is no self serve bar/fridge, not even for grab and go items like soda or water. No fountain soda machine either.

I’m getting ready to head over to the A terminal admirals club instead.
I wonder if it would be uncouth to first go to an AC, use a drink chit to get a prosecco, then wander over to the "Premium Lounge" with flute in hand for real champagne
MSP_Monopoly and robertablake like this.
Old May 29, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Five Star, Avis First
Dear All,

A couple of points that I would like to add

First, the reason you get plastic cups is that they do not have a commercial dish washer installed in the Temporary Premium Lounge (TPL). The reason for that is that there are no water connections available, aside from the Restrooms, in that facility. Allegedly, even the kitchen area does not have running water (for washing hands etc.). I tried to peek through the service window of the Kitchen entrance, but could not make a final determination one way or the other.

Second, the bartenders solicit tips, much like in the normal Admirals Club lounges. As many frequent travelers know, Texas has some strict (weird?) rules about self service of alcohol (especially Spirits), so all drinks are served by a Bartender. For those travelers who frequent the Flagship lounges in MIA, JFK etc, and are used to self service, you will have to request a drink from a Bartender in the TPL. At that point, the tip will be expected, though, just like in the Admirals Club, not mandatory. So, please do have this expectation set and do have small bills as the Bartender seemed unable to break large bills

Third, the deeper you go into the Lounge, the quieter it gets. This is, as many have mentioned, a surprisingly large space for a Temporary Lounge. Most visitors though tend to sit near the entrance area, close to the food service area and bar. So, if you are looking to do some work on your laptop, head deeper into the cavern

Fourth, the food is neither terrible nor good. It is passable and they do offer Energy Bars, Chips, Oreos and other assorted "To-Go" snacks. The food can best be described as a hybrid of the free food in most Admirals Clubs and the food that used to be found in the Temporary Flagship Dining facility (maybe it had another name) in the, now closed, Terminal D Admirals Club

Hope this helps!

Warm Regards,

Panjabi
econometrics likes this.

Last edited by panjabi; May 29, 2018 at 10:38 am Reason: more clarity
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AVIS President's Club, Hilton Diamond
How many guests can I bring into AA temporary Premium Lounge D

7 people flying DFW - PEK this week. Two people have business class upgrades with System Wide Upgrades that cleared. The other 5 people have coach tickets. How many guests can I bring into Premium Lounge D ? Usually in FlagShip Lounges in MIA / JFK / ORD / LAX (and in FlagShip Dining in D before it closed), they were very strict and only allowed one guest per person. Two people are flying business class, so I presume two additional people can gain access. So that means 4 can get in. Any tips on how to get the other 3 people in ? It is a large space with few people and not so much food and based on what I have read here, it is mostly empty. Do you think they will make an exception for the other 3 people or do you think they will be strict ?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 11:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by flytastic
7 people flying DFW - PEK this week. Two people have business class upgrades with System Wide Upgrades that cleared. The other 5 people have coach tickets. How many guests can I bring into Premium Lounge D ? Usually in FlagShip Lounges in MIA / JFK / ORD / LAX (and in FlagShip Dining in D before it closed), they were very strict and only allowed one guest per person. Two people are flying business class, so I presume two additional people can gain access. So that means 4 can get in. Any tips on how to get the other 3 people in ? It is a large space with few people and not so much food and based on what I have read here, it is mostly empty. Do you think they will make an exception for the other 3 people or do you think they will be strict ?
Unless one or more in your party have Sapphire or Emerald status, you won't be able to bring guests in. Guest benefits don't extend to Business Class ticket holders I'm afraid.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
I've tried to read through all of this, but still don't have clarity - although there are bartenders, the drinks are at no charge, correct? Just a tip, if desired.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Originally Posted by zpaul
I've tried to read through all of this, but still don't have clarity - although there are bartenders, the drinks are at no charge, correct? Just a tip, if desired.
Correct
Old Jul 1, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Visited the temp premium lounge again today, hoping some of the issues noted at opening might have been resolved, but things are pretty much as they had been. Still paper plates and plastic utensils, but the beef and chicken are now being served from cast iron pots. Still plastic cups at the bar, either the usual cups from the plane or shorter “hard” plastic cups (not sure what decides which you get). The sandwiches remain, along with chips, granola bars, etc. The roast beef sandwiches seem to go immediately (and there are way fewer of them than the other varieties) leaving the others (veggie, tuna salad, and chicken salad I think). Best thing imho is the hummus with pita, especially when enhanced with some paprika (presumably left out from the breakfast service, as it was with the Montreal steak seasoning). I have not tried the ORD AC food offerings, but it sounds like that club offers better food than this Premium lounge.
robertablake likes this.

Last edited by ikwia; Jul 1, 2018 at 5:38 pm
Old Jul 18, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
this may be “old news” or posted elsewhere, but apparently the B AC has all premium drinks except for bottled beverages available at no cost due to the D AC closure. (I haven’t been to B in years, so I just learned this today)
AANYC1981 and Pasqualle7 like this.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by scottmlew
this may be “old news” or posted elsewhere, but apparently the B AC has all premium drinks except for bottled beverages available at no cost due to the D AC closure. (I haven’t been to B in years, so I just learned this today)
Nice! And served in glass instead of plastic!
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Time for a MR to DFW (from AUS)!
jcatman, zpaul and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 9:51 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Any in-person confirmations?
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So now the Amex lounge is temporarily closed too.....fun times at DFW if you’re going Int’l
Old Jul 20, 2018, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by dayone
Any in-person confirmations?
the wording of my post was not clear, sorry. My report is from an in-person visit (by myself). I should have said something like “until today, I hadn’t been to B in years”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.