Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:35 am

Big bummer on no showers in the temporary D club. But, not surprised.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
Update to DFW D: They did have a few new food items out I noticed when I was leaving. Some little "finger" sandwiches, bags of chips and cookies in bags... Might be a few more items, didn't study the offerings as I was leaving, but did not look very impressive.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by robertablake
I am in the temporary DFW terminal D "Premium Lounge" now. Only for international travelers in premium cabins.
So I take it that EXP and oneworld Emerald/Sapphire passengers are not allowed in?

Thanks for reporting back! I'm gonna miss the D AC while it's closed.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
​​​The food is what you would find in a normal Admiral Club, maybe less - very disappointing. They are not even using their normal ceramic white plates, just paper plates.plates. They do have rice with a beef or chicken option. Maybe they rotate in other items, we'll see, I am here another 90 minutes..
"Rice with beef or chicken" is more than a "normal" Admirals Club. Sounds like it's probably similar to the Flagship First Dining that was previously in DFW D.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by flightrisk
"Rice with beef or chicken" is more than a "normal" Admirals Club. Sounds like it's probably similar to the Flagship First Dining that was previously in DFW D.
You wouldn't think that if you saw it.
jcatman, brewdog11 and letsgook like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11
So I take it that EXP and oneworld Emerald/Sapphire passengers are not allowed in?
They were checking tickets to make sure everyone using the lounge was in a premium cabins on an international flight.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
You wouldn't think that if you saw it.
Why not?
  1. A normal AC only has crudites like carrots, tomatoes, hummus, and soups.
  2. The DFW Flagship Dining always seemed to have braised short ribs (though other proteins are theoretically possible), finger sandwiches, and salad.
  3. The Flagship lounges have a bigger buffet spread of multiple proteins.
  4. Flagship First lounges have table dining.

Based on having protein at all, certainly sounds closer to (2) than (1) on the level of ACs.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by flightrisk
other proteins are theoretically possible.
cant we just say meat?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
They were checking tickets to make sure everyone using the lounge was in a premium cabins on an international flight.
The website indicates that EXP, PP, and Platinum on qualifying international itineraries should have access to DFW Terminal D Premium Lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Originally Posted by badkneeski
The website indicates that EXP, PP, and Platinum on qualifying international itineraries should have access to DFW Terminal D Premium Lounge.
I just got an email from AA stating this as well.
JDiver and brewdog11 like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by badkneeski
OK, that's make sense, I stand corrected. I know they were checking tickets, which would have our One World /AAdvantage status on it. I overheard 3 AA staff talking about it at the door trying to get the entry qualification straight amoung themselves. I was flying to NRT in biz as well as a EXP.
JDiver likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The clarifying email from AA is in the Wikipost at the top of the page.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA CK EXP 3MM, National EE, Hertz Plat
Originally Posted by JDiver
The clarifying email from AA is in the Wikipost at the top of the page.
Maybe this should be added as well from the email...

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage
® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
And what about non AA elites traveling domestic? Sounds like the same rules for Flagship lounge but it's not explicitly stated.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
And what about non AA elites traveling domestic? Sounds like the same rules for Flagship lounge but it's not explicitly stated.
According to the info on AA.com, non-AA OWSs and OWEs will have access, similar to the Flagship Lounges:

Until our new Flagship® Lounges are completed, eligible customers can still enjoy access to existing lounges in:

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)

Premium Lounge – Terminal D

Use elevator across from gates D34 and D36
Open daily
5 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.

oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM

Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage®Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access.**

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.