Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by #1son
horrible coffee, plastic cutlery, paper plates, some bagels and muffins that all seemed to be made from the same cheap dough, hard bolled eggs (shelled) all piled in a bowl...............

one toilet in a bathroom connected to a space with a capacity of 200 people

there was certainly nothing premium about the lounge (unless of course a big night out for you is Burger King ;-) and nothing was better

I went to Lavazza for a coffee

agree with above, Admirals Club would be better option
Thanks for the additional info, it is good to get recent experiences. I see now real good lounge options at DFW now so will likely grab a seat at a restaurant.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Texas laws still apply..
Im assuming that means no predeparture bubbly on international flights from DFW before Noon.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Does anyone know if the Terminal B AC still providing premium drinks for free?

-FlyerBeek
Old Aug 30, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
The "Premium Lounge" is not worth going to unless you happen to be in "D". I was coming in/out of A the other day but had a long layover and decided to try it out. Bar is terrible. Wine was either Red, White, Sparking - yes three choices. 4 mass produced beers. Same soups/food of an Admirals club. At one point three dutch ovens full of stewed chicken, beef, and quinoia came out. Not appetizing. Coffee is the old crappy Nescafe machines. Should have just stayed in A and gone to the AC, bar selection would have been better.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:39 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Does anyone know if the Terminal B AC still providing premium drinks for free?

-FlyerBeek
Last time I was there was August 15th and they were at the time.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Last time I was there was August 15th and they were at the time.
Any idea if this is exclusive to the B club, or does it extend to A and C as well? Seems a bit odd to isolate it to one club, but not advertise it.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
According to the info on AA.com, non-AA OWSs and OWEs will have access, similar to the Flagship Lounges:

Until our new Flagship® Lounges are completed, eligible customers can still enjoy access to existing lounges in:

Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)

Premium Lounge – Terminal D

Use elevator across from gates D34 and D36
Open daily
5 a.m. - 10:15 p.m.

oneworld® EmeraldSM and SapphireSM

Get access if you’re departing on or connecting to any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline (regardless of cabin). AAdvantage®Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access.**
Hey Teemuflyer…. Maybe your post is not outdated. But I wanted to check with more experienced FT members with regards to "club" access at DFW.

I'm OWE, have AC membership. I will be traveling in J/F to Mexico City via DFW on AA, I take it, from the OW website, that I will not have access to "The Club at DFW". I am not traveling on one of the OW airlines (BA, JA, Qantas or Qatar). So, I'm just relegated to go to an AC near my gate as my plan of action. Right?
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by linglingfool
Any idea if this is exclusive to the B club, or does it extend to A and C as well? Seems a bit odd to isolate it to one club, but not advertise it.
Not sure. I wondered the same but was only able to visit the B club. I won't be back through DFW until October.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I’ll be at the Delta SkyClub for my flights in D/B......complimentary rose wine, bubbles, better food options etc.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I wanted to check with more experienced FT members with regards to "club" access at DFW.

I'm OWE, have AC membership. I will be traveling in J/F to Mexico City via DFW on AA, I take it, from the OW website, that I will not have access to "The Club at DFW". I am not traveling on one of the OW airlines (BA, JA, Qantas or Qatar). So, I'm just relegated to go to an AC near my gate as my plan of action. Right?
In addition to the ACs, you can access AA's temporary premium lounge in D as MEX is an eligible destination. But based on all of the reports here, if your flight departs from a terminal other than D, it is likely not worth making the trip to D just for this temporary lounge.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by linglingfool
it is just for B.

I’m guessing that they want to avoid people going to that lounge just for the free premium drinks, but that is just speculation.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by ikwia

it is just for B.

I’m guessing that they want to avoid people going to that lounge just for the free premium drinks, but that is just speculation.
So it sounds like the AC in terminal B may be a better option for us as we will be arriving into B on AA Eagle with a rather long connecting interval to a flight to LHR in Flagship business class. From what I've seen here, the AC in B with its complimentary premium drinks appears to be superior to the Premium lounge in D.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
The "Premium Lounge" is not worth going to unless you happen to be in "D". I was coming in/out of A the other day but had a long layover and decided to try it out. Bar is terrible. Wine was either Red, White, Sparking - yes three choices. 4 mass produced beers. Same soups/food of an Admirals club. At one point three dutch ovens full of stewed chicken, beef, and quinoia came out. Not appetizing. Coffee is the old crappy Nescafe machines. Should have just stayed in A and gone to the AC, bar selection would have been better.
Flew into DFW on Thursday, August 28, arriving about 11:00am. Traveling companion and I headed into Admiral's A club. People everywhere. Bar loud. Televisions blaring. Stayed for one drink.

After a mediocre light lunch at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, we schlepped over to the Premium Lounge. I do agree that the bar is less than exciting, but was having a Woodford day so no opinion on the wine. The stewed chicken is delicious......the beef, flavorless. Restrooms never had a wait or line. Lots of staff roaming around, eager to please.

I was grateful for the Premium Lounge's ample seating areas and sense of quiet. It's an escape. Just what a lounge should be in some respects.

Is it ideal? No. But, the experience exceeded my expectations, and I'll certainly return as we wait for D to reopen.
zpaul likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
I was grateful for the Premium Lounge's ample seating areas and sense of quiet. It's an escape. Just what a lounge should be in some respects.

Is it ideal? No. But, the experience exceeded my expectations, and I'll certainly return as we wait for D to reopen.
+1. The ACs have become almost unbearable at DFW during certain days/times of the week. So. Many. People. The PL really is so nice and quiet.

Having a premium wine (in real glassware) at B or A would not at all be a reason to endure the overcrowding and noise that accommodates your finer wine in those places.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
As reported, the bar is small, but they have Nicolas Feuillatte Reserve Champagne. As empty as it is now, you can have the bar to yourself.
I, too, have never had too much of a problem with it, but I do have to ask if they're still serving champagne in plastic cups?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.