Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on whats next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we cant wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, weve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

Youll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If youre traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim Premium Lounge across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:14 am
Original Poster

I read something the other day looking for this, could have been here or one of the travel blogs, but it said the D AC club would close but another premium lounge was opening in D?

The way it read (and I just remember the gist of it now) was insinuating the new FL in D was opening and was over by the mid-30’s gates?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by thunderlounge
I read something the other day looking for this, could have been here or one of the travel blogs, but it said the D AC club would close but another premium lounge was opening in D?

The way it read (and I just remember the gist of it now) was insinuating the new FL in D was opening and was over by the mid-30s gates?
From TPG...

Terminal D / Flagship Lounge: The bigger news is whats coming up next. The same DFW agents that I spoke with also shared the news that the Terminal D Admirals Club is shutting down shortly after the reopening of the Terminal A lounge.

I checked with American Airlines on this news and was able to get a confirmation from a spokesperson:

We will close Admirals Club D after we open A in April. Well have a premium lounge near D35 that will be open to Business/First on qualifying itinerary plus elites Platinums, Platinum Pros, Executive Platinums and ConciergeKeys.

For better or worse, passengers wont have to experience visiting the lounge while under construction because the entire lounge will be closed during the construction. Unfortunately, this doesnt mean that the renovation will be especially short. One agent mentioned an 18-month construction phase, and another agent said the lounge would be closed for two years.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks @Global321 for that.

So did I misread that, or is the DFW FL lounge going to open around the time they close the D AC?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:11 pm

So did I misread that, or is the DFW FL lounge going to open around the time they close the D AC?
I *think* what they are saying is the FL is still way off, but in the meantime, "Well have a premium lounge near D35 ". Note they did not say FL. They say premium lounge.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

I did notice that wording, but was thinking that by not specifically saying "We're opening the new FL when the AC closes", they were trying to not let the cat out of the bag. What lead me to that is the allowed entrants listed just happen to match up with the FL.

For the construction I thought it referred to how long they expect the AC to be closed.

(Ok, I admit to be anxious on seeing the new DFW FL. )
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by aaliz
So no interim Flagship Dining or anything while D is closed?
Supposedly, a reduced smaller interim upper tier / J-F lounge will be open during this time.

There is a new “Air lock” like door and frame (looking airside from the Club desk) they will be using to lower and raise furniture, etc. from the apron to the lounge space.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:51 pm

No. The Flagship Lounge will occupy a significant amount of the space currently occupied by the Club. And BA, QF, QR will be using this instead of the current contract lounges. All of that will happen in 18-24 months.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by JDiver
No. The Flagship Lounge will occupy a significant amount of the space currently occupied by the Club. And BA, QF, QR will be using this instead of the current contract lounges. All of that will happen in 18-24 months.
So where are they going to put the AC? If significant means 75% of the space, that's not going to be great for any EP like myself not on intl.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP,SPG 75
Originally Posted by Global321
One agent mentioned an 18-month construction phase, and another agent said the lounge would be closed for “two years.”
..., that is a long time. I feel like LAX/ORD happened faster than that.

Originally Posted by akarneboge
So where are they going to put the AC? If significant means 75% of the space, that's not going to be great for any EP like myself not on intl
Every AC I have been into now where a new Flagship opened has been lightly occupied and calm compared to before. Plus them taking over part (???) of The Club is going to add a lot needed space.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 9, 2018 at 6:00 am Reason: Let’s not upset others
Old Mar 9, 2018, 12:03 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
So where are they going to put the AC? If significant means 75% of the space, that's not going to be great for any EP like myself not on intl.
I don't think it will be all that much of an issue in D since most are international travelers.

I'm wondering what they're going to do with the current contract lounges once the FL opens.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
I don't think it will be all that much of an issue in D since most are international travelers.

I'm wondering what they're going to do with the current contract lounges once the FL opens.
Given BA, QF and QR will be using the Flagship Lounge, not much, Im guessing. Theyll find other airline customers or shut down.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:03 am

The Club will be reduced in size. The FL will take up most of the real estate currently used by the Club. The Business Center will possibly be reduced significantly or changed to eliminate the wasted space as well.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 6:43 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
The Business Center will possibly be reduced significantly or changed to eliminate the wasted space as well.
I'd change the word "possibly" to "certainly". Every AC remodel includes the same feature: replace cubicles with glass shelves against a wall and/or high-top picnic tables.

Those of us who like cubicles will continue to do as we've always done: look for UN-remodeled clubs.
SouthernCross and IAHtraveler like this.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Bonvoy LT Ti; National EE; WDW Passholder
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Every AC remodel includes the same feature: replace cubicles with glass shelves against a wall and/or high-top picnic tables.(
ORD H/K still has cubicles.

Cheers,
LBBZman
Old Mar 11, 2018, 10:18 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by lbbzman
ORD H/K still has cubicles.
LBBZman
So does DEN. Four (only two usable).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.