Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by enviroian
I’m headed to D now but not even going to stop by. It’s not worth the free beer.

Hopefully they’ll finish up the new FL by 2030.

I figure the FL at DFW will open around the time when the last A380 is finally retired from service......
enviroian and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jlemon
I figure the FL at DFW will open around the time when the last A380 is finally retired from service......
I just walked by the sign on the way to bar Louie.

“Coming in 3019”.

I mean 2019.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
I asked a couple days ago and was told "April, or May, or June, or July"

I was flying XXX-DFW-GDL (Guadalajara, Mexico) and was given access. I am OWE (BA), so not sure if I was given access due to status or itinerary, or both.

Frankly not worth the time (compared to Centurion Lounge).
FWIW - Access due to your status. GDL does not qualify. You would also have access to FL (where they exist) because your OWE status is NOT from AA. (Including USA domestic flights.)
JDiver and thunderlounge like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:11 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nachosdelux

I was flying XXX-DFW-GDL (Guadalajara, Mexico) and was given access. I am OWE (BA), so not sure if I was given access due to status or itinerary, or both.

Frankly not worth the time (compared to Centurion Lounge).
Originally Posted by Global321
FWIW - Access due to your status. GDL does not qualify. You would also have access to FL (where they exist) because your OWE status is NOT from AA. (Including USA domestic flights.)
Well, let's not jump the gun on this one. Since XXX could of been HKG, LHR, or the like, and if nachosdelux was flying in J or above on the LH segment, they would have also gotten access based on CoS
Antarius likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
Sitting in the A club waiting for a flight out of D. Hopefully it will opening soon, the new clubs are nice.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, let's not jump the gun on this one. Since XXX could of been HKG, LHR, or the like, and if nachosdelux was flying in J or above on the LH segment, they would have also gotten access based on CoS
good point. XXX was a city in the midwest USA.

I'm looking forward to the Flagship lounge opening. They are really nice, IMO.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Are the Flagship Lounge rules strictly applied at the Premium Lounge? I'll be connecting to YYZ, which is technically not international for FL purposes.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Stripe
Are the Flagship Lounge rules strictly applied at the Premium Lounge? I'll be connecting to YYZ, which is technically not international for FL purposes.
If it is on CX, you should be fine. They have a special arrangement with AA at the JFK Flagship Lounge, including FS First Dining access for those flying F.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
If it is on CX, you should be fine. They have a special arrangement with AA at the JFK Flagship Lounge, including FS First Dining access for those flying F.

Huh? This is the DFW Admirals Club thread. And the OP was asking about the temporary "Premium Lounge." And was talking about a flight to YYZ (Toronto)

Nobody's flying CX DFW-YYZ...

Originally Posted by Stripe
Old Feb 17, 2019, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by bse118

Huh? This is the DFW Admirals Club thread. And the OP was asking about the temporary "Premium Lounge." And was talking about a flight to YYZ (Toronto)

Nobody's flying CX DFW-YYZ...
Just got it confused with the JFK thread.. my bad.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Was just at the DFW premium lounge for the first time and it’s totally acceptable as a temp lounge.

huge space and much more food variety.....just wish that elevator was a little more quick.
TWA884 and econometrics like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Was just at the DFW premium lounge for the first time and it’s totally acceptable as a temp lounge.

huge space and much more food variety.....just wish that elevator was a little more quick.
It seems to really depend on the time of day; after the TPAC crowd left on a Sunday, there was nothing more than a plate of leftover sandwiches, one soup and everything else was packaged crisps and cookies.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

j guess my issue is that when I think temporary, it is a few months, not a year.

I'm still not sure how an interior renovation of a lounge can take this long.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by Antarius
j guess my issue is that when I think temporary, it is a few months, not a year.

I'm still not sure how an interior renovation of a lounge can take this long.
Union labor and corrupt government oversight?

I have no idea if that's the case, but that's how things got done in Detroit.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
FWIW -- a CK rep told me the new manager they've brought in to run the club had a staff meeting recently (I think she said this week, maybe last week) and the opening date of the club "should" be 15 May. She said that sounded pretty solid and achievable.
tismfu, enviroian, jlemon and 5 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.