Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by econometrics
Yeah, but those cost money and I am cheap.

Plus, as a local DFW resident, most of the D dining options are underwhelming and over priced.

Looking forward to the FL opening, though!
Popeye's Chicken in A is my wifes and my favorite for "cheap" food. Spicy, of course...
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Popeye's Chicken in A is my wifes and my favorite for "cheap" food. Spicy, of course...
Exactly. Most all the good food is in A.

Even B has better food options than D, IMO.

Anyway, I know this is getting OT. I'll fill up at Mi Dia in Grapevine on the way to the airport.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Amen.

Originally Posted by econometrics
Exactly. Most all the good food is in A.

Even B has better food options than D, IMO.

Anyway, I know this is getting OT. I'll fill up at Mi Dia in Grapevine on the way to the airport.

Also Chic-fil-a in C/E, or IHOP in E as well. Although I agree that none of the options are necessarily stellar. Beats starving for sure though. Idiots need to put in a whataburger.

If stopping beforehand, I'm going to Babe's.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I can confirm that at least as of 10 days ago, the first dining was indeed closed.
JDiver and econometrics like this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by flightrisk
Okay, I am now convinced this is the location for the new temporary DFW AC - the second level above the check-in desks to the right of the D30 security checkpoint.

Since my last photo post, they've added the three desks/terminals in the right corner (in addition to the 3 in the left that were already there), and the Arrivals/Departure Monitors have been hung and are working:

It looks like it should extend to the middle room where there are chairs and tables, and possibly the left room, where the doors appear to be restroom doors.
You are looking at what was/is the "Transit Lounge", which has appeared to not be in use for years, due to post 9/11, EVERYONE having to clear U.S. customs at first point of entry. (ie. "Transit" passengers don't exist in the USA anymore.)

I'm in J to LHR (ugh LHR, just shoot me!) on 4/8, and will report.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Mar 30, 2018 at 6:54 am
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
You are looking at what was/is the "Transit Lounge", which has appeared to not be in use for years, due to EVERYONE having to clear U.S. customs at first point of entry.
I'm in J to LHR (ugh LHR), and will report.
Interesting! I was talking with an agent and I thought it was strange that she talked about the opening of a "transit lounge" instead of a temporary lounge when the D AC closes. I assumed she meant a limited scope lounge, but it makes so much more sense that she was referring to an actual lounge!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
redacted
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
“We will close Admirals Club D after we open A in April. We’ll have a premium lounge near D35 that will be open to Business/First on qualifying itinerary plus elites — Platinums, Platinum Pros, Executive Platinums and ConciergeKeys.”
Just to confirm that I'm reading this correctly, Plat, PlatPro, EXP, and CK have access regardless of itinerary, correct? I don't mind being turned away if I misunderstood but I'd prefer not to be...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by zpaul
Just to confirm that I'm reading this correctly, Plat, PlatPro, EXP, and CK have access regardless of itinerary, correct? I don't mind being turned away if I misunderstood but I'd prefer not to be...
We will have to see, but based on the quote, elites with an AC membership will have access.

There is a precedent for this... In Miami, there is a "Premium Lounge" in Concourse E that all AC members have access to.
zpaul likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
We will have to see, but based on the quote, elites with an AC membership will have access.

There is a precedent for this... In Miami, there is a "Premium Lounge" in Concourse E that all AC members have access to.
Yes - but for a long time in MIA the E Premium Lounge was only available to AC passengers departing from E (or passengers with status or class of service from a plane leaving from E). You couldn't just walk over there as an AC member with a domestic D flight and get in for the Tattinger. Only when they started closing and renovating ACs in D did they open the E lounge up to any AC cardholder (and even direct some folks there in the high D gates). I think it's still pretty unclear whether AC members will get access to this premium lounge or not.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by lds89
Yes - but for a long time in MIA the E Premium Lounge was only available to AC passengers departing from E (or passengers with status or class of service from a plane leaving from E). You couldn't just walk over there as an AC member with a domestic D flight and get in for the Tattinger. Only when they started closing and renovating ACs in D did they open the E lounge up to any AC cardholder (and even direct some folks there in the high D gates). I think it's still pretty unclear whether AC members will get access to this premium lounge or not.
You could be right about limited access, but to your point about MIA, I would argue the DFW situation is exactly the situation MIA was in when AA started to allow any AC member access to the Premium Lounge in E. And note they are calling it a Premium Lounge. If they wanted to limit access, wouldn't it make sense to call it the Temporary Flagship Lounge?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
You could be right about limited access, but to your point about MIA, I would argue the DFW situation is exactly the situation MIA was in when AA started to allow any AC member access to the Premium Lounge in E. And note they are calling it a Premium Lounge. If they wanted to limit access, wouldn't it make sense to call it the Temporary Flagship Lounge?
Absolutely a fair point. AA does in fact run domestics out of D. And they are removing an AC that members used to be able to access.

But the MIA E lounge was called a Premium Lounge back before they gave access to any AC member, so not sure this nomenclature really points us to what they might do
Old Mar 30, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
An AAngel just read me an email they received about the lounge changes at DFW. According to the email, this new temporary premium lounge will follow FSL access rules. The email also explicitly said that AC members will be directed to clubs in A, B, and C terminals.

Last edited by ikwia; Mar 31, 2018 at 10:17 am
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:15 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scottmlew
An AAngel just read me an email they received about the lounge changes at DFW. According to the email, this new temporary premium lounge will follow FSL access rules. The email also explicitly said the AC members will be directed to clubs in A, B, and C terminals.
Good - the resumed space posted up thread looks small, that place would be over run with people if it were opened to AC members.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by scottmlew
An AAngel just read me an email they received about the lounge changes at DFW. According to the email, this new temporary premium lounge will follow FSL access rules. The email also explicitly said the AC members will be directed to clubs in A, B, and C terminals.
By chance, did the AAngel's email indicate the Champagne that will be poured at this "new temporary lounge"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.