Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
I was in the temporary Premium Lounge yesterday and ask about when the new Flagship lounge is expected to open. I was told May 15th is the expected day, but could be plus or minus a couple of days from that date. She also said employee training for the new Flagship is scheduled for the week before the 15th, so it is getting close.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
... and are we to assume the AC will open the same day as the FL?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by AAway
What admirals club??
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by AAway
Yes. Safe assumption.

Originally Posted by enviroian
What admirals club??
The D AC. It's not just a FL lounge / FFD. There's also an updated AC as part of the lounge suite.
enviroian and AAway like this.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 3:20 pm

Talked to a friend who works for American and she said they haven't been told a date, just "soon". Of course I fly out May 6th DFW - NRT business and was hoping that it would be open. TG for Centurion!!
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Apologies if this has been covered. A search didn't answer my question.

What are the guest rules for the temporary premium lounge? I'm EXP and flying in business class (DFW-SCL). How many, if any, guests can I bring?

TIA
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FrogProf
Apologies if this has been covered. A search didn't answer my question.

What are the guest rules for the temporary premium lounge? I'm EXP and flying in business class (DFW-SCL). How many, if any, guests can I bring?

TIA
It perplexes me that this is so perplexing to people. It's basically just a OneWorld lounge. You can take as many guests in, as an EXP on an international flight, as you can guest in to any other OW lounge in the world.

But for the record, the answer to your question is "one."

Regards
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:40 pm

Sorry I'm so easily perplexed. One other thing I failed to mention is that I am an Admirals Club member. Since this is "premium" lounge, is the guest number still one?
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:10 pm

Sorry I'm so easily perplexed. One other thing I failed to mention is that I am an Admirals Club member. Since this is "premium" lounge, is the guest number still one?
This is not an Admirals Club. Admirals Club membership would not get you anything additional.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:16 pm

Ok. Thank you.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
As I said in my post, it's a OneWorld lounge, same rules apply. One obvious clue is that its literally called a "Premium Lounge" not a temporary Admirals Club.

And yes, it's still one.

Regards
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
DFW Terminal D AAdmirals Club still closed 4-28-2019? I presume yes still closed since nothing posted to the contrary?

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
DFW Terminal D AAdmirals Club still closed 4-28-2019? I presume yes still closed since nothing posted to the contrary?

Thanks
Yes it is still closed, but the "Premium Lounge" remains available if you qualify. American has officially announced it will reopen in 2Q 2019, and posts to this board suggest it will be on or around May 15.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Yes it is still closed, but the "Premium Lounge" remains available if you qualify.
We have peasant-grade AAdmirals Club membership. I presume we don't qualify for anything with "Premium" in it's name, and the upgrade hasn't cleared. But please tell me if we can get in. Would really like to avoid a last-second Skylink ride from another terminal.

Thanks
Old Apr 28, 2019, 1:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by jayer
We have peasant-grade AAdmirals Club membership. I presume we don't qualify for anything with "Premium" in it's name, and the upgrade hasn't cleared. But please tell me if we can get in. Would really like to avoid a last-second Skylink ride from another terminal.

Thanks
No. It is not an AC now. You only get access if you’re flying F or J INTL or a Oneworld Sapphire (AA Platinum) or higher flying in economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.