Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2018, 4:05 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dselvan
HI
I wonder if someone can answer this question since the one world page says A lounge is closed for refurb but the AA website says it is open?
At the moment, we have a flight from Terminal A in a week to OGG ( I have access as oneworld Emerald).
Many thanks
Hi, and welcome to the AA forum.

We use Wikiposts more than other fora. Where there is one (it’s at the top of every page in a thread when there is one, such as here), I’d recommend reading it. In this one, it begins with:

Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the opening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). When D Club reopens, it will encompass a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.
Enjoy the newly refurbished A Club. Next year, we hope, you’ll have access to the new Flagship premium Lounge in Terminal D.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 23, 2018 at 11:36 pm
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

It closed 7 April 1018????

No wonder it needed a refurb!!!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

(Yes, I went ahead and fixed it in the wiki for ya. )
Old Apr 28, 2018, 9:58 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by scottmlew
Just heard from what has previously been a good source for info about goings-on at DFW that they will "almost certainly" be opening a "grab and go" area in D terminal, similar to what they previously had in A.

As an aside, the redone A club is really nice. The food/bar area doesn't seem quite so bright and sterile as it used to be...not sure if they made a change, it just works better with the rest of the club open, or what.
Can you describe this "grab and go" perk? What is on offer, besides bottled "spring" water.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 12:30 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by jcatman
Can you describe this "grab and go" perk? What is on offer, besides bottled "spring" water.
When they had it at LAX, when the T4 Admirals Club was closed for renovations, they had salads, sandwiches, fruit, yogurts, chips, etc.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JDiver
Hi, and welcome to the AA forum.

We use Wikiposts more than other fora. Where there is one (it’s at the top of every page in a thread when there is one, such as here), I’d recommend reading it. In this one, it begins with:

Enjoy the newly refurbished A Club. Next year, we hope, you’ll have access to the new Flagship premium Lounge in Terminal D.
HI JDiver
Many thanks for the reply. I did read it but was concerned that the oneworld website said it was still closed, so was just double checking with people in the know like yourself!!
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by enviroian

it’s open
Thank you enviroian.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 8:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Dselvan
HI JDiver
Many thanks for the reply. I did read it but was concerned that the oneworld website said it was still closed, so was just double checking with people in the know like yourself!!
Understood. The websites take some time to update; our members’ information is often more recent, and at least a subset is always on the road and sharing. It’s unfortunate the A Club opened April 7 and the oneworld site hasn’t been caught up, but sad to say it’s SOP.

Not much different for the AA website. It may not take as long as one world, ut the information can be sketchy (see below). In the A Club instance, nothing about showers and other available amenities.
Attached Images  
Old May 11, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, UA *S, BA Fanboy
Currently sitting in the Premium Lounge in D for my 1425 departure to MEX. It's huge and empty (at least at this hour).

As for food, they have the usual AC offerings, along with instant noodles, a hot shredded beef dish, a hot chicken dish, and white rice.

As reported, the bar is small, but they have Nicolas Feuillatte Reserve Champagne. As empty as it is now, you can have the bar to yourself.

Honestly, I'm impressed. I think AA did a fine job for a "temporary" lounge.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
Understood. The websites take some time to update; our members’ information is often more recent, and at least a subset is always on the road and sharing. It’s unfortunate the A Club opened April 7 and the oneworld site hasn’t been caught up, but sad to say it’s SOP.

Not much different for the AA website. It may not take as long as one world, ut the information can be sketchy (see below). In the A Club instance, nothing about showers and other available amenities.
Hi
Our flight to OGG departed from terminal D, so took the skytrain to terminal A for breakfast. So all worked out well. The new club looks nice but food and drink looks like standard admirals offer.
JDiver likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold,Marriott PP,Hilton Diamond, National EX, Hertz PC
I was in the lounge last week and after reading some post was expected exposed drywall, card tables and plastic chairs. I found the lounge to a perfectly acceptable "temporary" lounge with plenty of room, open bar and very nice attendants. You are not going to brag about it but I would have no problem spending a hour or two in there.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Red Raider LV
Currently sitting in the Premium Lounge in D for my 1425 departure to MEX. It's huge and empty (at least at this hour).

As for food, they have the usual AC offerings, along with instant noodles, a hot shredded beef dish, a hot chicken dish, and white rice.

As reported, the bar is small, but they have Nicolas Feuillatte Reserve Champagne. As empty as it is now, you can have the bar to yourself.

Honestly, I'm impressed. I think AA did a fine job for a "temporary" lounge.
Was the champagne served in plastic cups, paper cups, foam cups, or glassware?
Old May 13, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT, United Silver
If I am going from SIN-NRT-LAX-DFW-SNA on a award ticket flying a mix of JAL and AA. Can I access the temp premium lounge in DFW. I am platinum with AA.
Old May 14, 2018, 12:33 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
If I am going from SIN-NRT-LAX-DFW-SNA on a award ticket flying a mix of JAL and AA. Can I access the temp premium lounge in DFW. I am platinum with AA.
Yes, if you are accessing the lounge on the same day as the international segment.
Old May 14, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Daniel Solis
Yes, as well as BA and QF lounges in SIN, the JL, CX, AA lounges in NRT, the AA Flagship and Oneworld Business lounges in LAX. Afraid the DFW temp lounge is going to be a disappointment after all these other options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.