Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2018, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Terminal D Admirals Club (with its not quite Flagship First Dining) closed 7 April 2018 (concurrently with the reopening of the refurbished Terminal A Admirals Club). The new D Club reopened 16 May 2019 encompassing a Flagship Lounge that will serve qualifying passengers of AA, BA, QF, QR (instead of their operating contract lounges), an Admirals Club and Flagship First Dining facility.

The new Terminal D Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining facility is OPEN. This thread is now archived. Please follow and discuss the facility here: Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining 16 May 2019
Reimagining our lounges
An update on what’s next at DFW
We know you travel through Dallas Fort Worth often. And we can’t wait for you to experience our all-new Terminal D Admirals Club®, Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First Dining in 2019.

To complete construction sooner, we’ve temporarily closed the Admirals Club lounge and International First Class Dining in Terminal D.

You’ll still have several Admirals Club lounges at DFW:

* NOW OPEN: Terminal A (near gate A24) (fully opened 7 Apr 2018)

* Terminal B (near gate B4)

* Terminal C (near gate C19)

*If you’re traveling on a qualifying international First or Business ticket* or have qualifying status**, you can visit our temporary Premium Lounge in Terminal D (near gate D36).

The interim “Premium Lounge” across from gate D36 is now open for qualified international passengers (not Admirals Club members on non-Flagship or Admirals Lounge qualifying flights):

*Includes international flights between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City (MEX), New Zealand and South America

**Includes AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum status departing on or connecting to a qualifying international flight (between the U.S. and Asia, Australia, Central America, Europe, Mexico City MEX, New Zealand and South America) marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® carrier (regardless of cabin). ConciergeKeySM and oneworld (excl AAdvantage) Emerald/Sapphire members get access when traveling the same day on any flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld airline (regardless of cabin).
This interim ad hoc but spacious Premium Lounge now has its liquor license; some report there are a few showers.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: DFW Admirals Club D Closed Apr 2018 - (new AC, FL, FFD open 16 May 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Anyone know what will happen to Flagship Dining once the D AC closes for renovation?
Don't have any specific insights, but I was hoping that the actual DFW Flagship Lounge would have opened by the time they closed the Terminal D AC to accommodate the Int'l Premium and other qualifying pax. I doubt that will happen, so now I need to ask where am I going to get my champagne fix while connecting through DFW???
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
The D club needs a renovation
I think of it as one of the nicest AA clubs in the system, so would have hoped it would one of the last to get downgraded to the new design.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Let's say someone has an international business class ticket originating or connecting at DFW. What are they supposed to do regarding lounge access? Just forget it for 18 months? Is AA's product really strong enough that it can compare to other carriers who have actual international lounges at their hubs? (Well, except UA at EWR and IAH, which are "under construction" at present).
There are Admiral's Club lounges in every terminal except E, and all terminals are accessible from each other airside via skylink with less than 20 minutes travel time (but give yourself some buffer in case there are issues).
Old Mar 12, 2018, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Don't have any specific insights, but I was hoping that the actual DFW Flagship Lounge would have opened by the time they closed the Terminal D AC to accommodate the Int'l Premium and other qualifying pax. I doubt that will happen, so now I need to ask where am I going to get my champagne fix while connecting through DFW???
Originally Posted by steve64
The D club needs a renovation
I think of it as one of the nicest AA clubs in the system, so would have hoped it would one of the last to get downgraded to the new design.
So what is hapenning is that a significant portion of the existing D club footprint is being converted into the Flagship lounge. So they have to "renovate" D to do that, and they can't open the Flagship lounge before doing that renovation.
steve64 and JDiver like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Amex Plat
I'm sure the Amex Centurion Lounge will become even more crowded once the D AC closes for renovations. I try to stop at both lounges if I have a flight out of D and leave enough time...Centurion for a quick bite to eat, then the Admirals Club for a more comfortable seat.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by wahooflyer
I'm sure the Amex Centurion Lounge will become even more crowded once the D AC closes for renovations. I try to stop at both lounges if I have a flight out of D and leave enough time...Centurion for a quick bite to eat, then the Admirals Club for a more comfortable seat.
So is the whole terminal or just the D AC closing? If the former, what will happen to the Centurion Lounge? Little confused with the progression of the thread so would be interested to know. Thanks!
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA: EXP MR: Ti
Originally Posted by sm82
So is the whole terminal or just the D AC closing? If the former, what will happen to the Centurion Lounge? Little confused with the progression of the thread so would be interested to know. Thanks!
Just the club...
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
My flight tomorrow will depart from the terminal A.
What can I expect at the temporary AC guest services? Decent snacks? Soft drinks or beer /wine (I don´t like liquors)? Is there any seating space?

Thx
Old Mar 12, 2018, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

This was being discussed in another thread a week or two ago. It seems that TPG wrote about the opening of the AC in Terminal A being slated for 6 APR, and then the closing of the AC in Terminal D coinciding with the opening.

It also mentioned that a "premium lounge" would be made available near "Gate 35" (which there isn't a 35, it goes from 34 to 36) in the interim. Construction closing of D was referenced by two different agents to take 18 months or 2 years.

The specific quote from TPG was:

Originally Posted by TPG article
We will close Admirals Club D after we open A in April. We’ll have a premium lounge near D35 that will be open to Business/First on qualifying itinerary plus elites — Platinums, Platinum Pros, Executive Platinums and ConciergeKeys.

With the mention of the two differing timelines from agents being elsewhere in the article.

What I find odd with that is that I thought that is I was under the impression that the DFW FL was opening "later this year", which 18-24 months off would obviously be outside of that time frame.

I think the overall is that nobody really knows what is going on, other than A is opening and D is closing shortly thereafter.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Marcin83
What can I expect at the temporary AC guest services? Decent snacks? Soft drinks or beer /wine (I don´t like liquors)? Is there any seating space?

Thx
They say "light snacks" and refreshments in addition to assistance with flights. I would not expect to get beer or wine due to Texas laws governing open containers in public areas. I would simply go to Terminal D and leave that club 15 minutes earlier than if you were in A.
JDiver and Marcin83 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:50 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by scubamom
So both will be open April 6?

Anyone tried the new dining room in Terminal D? Looked for a menu, but didn't find one.
~April 6 the A Club reopens and the D Club clos s.

For A the options are the C Club (or any other); for D after the April closure there will be a temporary Premium lounge of some kind in D.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, National, Hilton
Originally Posted by Marcin83

Thx
You can get bottled water, coffee, soft drinks and snacks. There is NO seating space.
Marcin83 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: US CP, UA *G; SPG Plat, Hilton Gold; Natl Exec, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mcgahat
That shared club is near D22 and it it doesn't have enough space to serve its current needs in my experience. I cant even place what is near D35 (dont even see a D35 on the map unless I am missing it). Perhaps there is some space upstairs that is available?
I've wondered if it is this space that is above the check in counters to the right of the D30 checkpoint. It always looked like a lounge to me, but it never seemed to be in use. It's hard to see due to the reflection, but the windows of the left room are lined with brown leather lounge chairs. I had assumed the entrance would be from the room on the right side of the photo since they looked like those Admirals Club check in desks now at LAX, but that rightmost door would probably be almost to D40. There's a hallway to a roped off door that I've marked "Entrance?" which makes more sense to me now. I think that would be close to the elevator on the ground floor that's hidden behind the currency exchange kiosk and currently blocked off.

Old Mar 16, 2018, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by flightrisk
I've wondered if it is this space that is above the check in counters to the right of the D30 checkpoint. It always looked like a lounge to me, but it never seemed to be in use. It's hard to see due to the reflection, but the windows of the left room are lined with brown leather lounge chairs. I had assumed the entrance would be from the room on the right side of the photo since they looked like those Admirals Club check in desks now at LAX, but that rightmost door would probably be almost to D40. There's a hallway to a roped off door that I've marked "Entrance?" which makes more sense to me now. I think that would be close to the elevator on the ground floor that's hidden behind the currency exchange kiosk and currently blocked off.

that looks like a single large conference room to me. glass wall on far side of table shows small grid of shadows on far beige wall and an entrance door facing the camera. this seems like "back of the house" airline office space to me.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Yeah, I don't think it's even possible to access that space airside. It's in the customs area, and I'm sure it's very securely doored off from the airside.

But, also, like LovePrunes said... this is most likely DFW Airport office facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.