Centurion Lounge Access and Overcrowding

Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: US, CO, Marriott
Centurion Lounge Access and Overcrowding

Last visit to Vegas the Centurial Lounge on a Sunday morning at 7am was: Overcrowded, Messy (no one was picking up used cups and plates), had run out of coffee, the coffee machines were broken, and there was no seating in either the dining area, or in most communal areas. A large group stood in the back, laughing it up loudly and recanting stories from the night before. I saw a cautious couple take down the few reserved signs and it in the front.

I left the lounge and found a quiet area in the terminal that was preferable.

Does anyone think that Amex is aware these lounges are becoming more of a turn off than a benefit?
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:31 am

Wrong forum category... this is the AAdvantage category.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by kpfleming
Wrong forum category... this is the AAdvantage category.
Maybe we missed that merger..........
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
Maybe we missed that merger..........
Ha! Actually, AA is hitting some good home runs with its lounges and clubs.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Depending how you get access, there is another lounge called The Club at LAS which is fairly close to Centurion. If you have an Amex Plat card, you get Priority Pass which will get you into The Club.

I never get to the LAS club before 8-9PM. It can be kinda croweded at that hour but it clears out as people leave for their flights. It closes at 11, which is my usual flight time.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Same issue in Miami - I like the Centurion Lounge food. I usually eat a little there (using the chair at the front desk that is usually still available and then head to the Admirals Club a few gates over
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:53 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
As this topic pertains neither to AA nor the AAdvantage program, we will close this thread. Please refer to the numerous threads within the American Express forum for discussion of the Centurion Lounges. Thanks. /Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.