Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA pilot is arrested in Brazil for 'grabbing female ground agent's neck'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA pilot is arrested in Brazil for 'grabbing female ground agent's neck'

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Post AA pilot is arrested in Brazil for 'grabbing female ground agent's neck'

An American Airlines pilot has been arrested in Brazil, accused of assaulting a colleague minutes before a flight from São Paulo to Miami was due to take off in the early hours of Thursday morning.

The flight, which was immediately cancelled, leaving passengers stranded, was scheduled to depart at 1am from São Paulo International airport in Guarulhos.

The pilot, who has not been named, is alleged to have pushed a operations agent and grabbed her around her neck following a disagreement over the alignment of the finger - a tunnel used by passengers that connects the terminal to the plane.
Read more: American Airlines pilot arrested for 'assaulting co-worker' | Daily Mail Online
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
That's not nice! He shouldn't touching with female agent. It is very inappropriate. He cannot be touching her. Never! He could break the law. He could go to jail for that.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
that's a long ride for a 321

AANYC1981 and DatBoi like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: AA Pl, KL Platinum for Life
He clearly shouldn't have grabbed her neck, but SHE should have obeyed his orders because he is the captain. If she was the one who tried lining up the plane with the finger and he felt there was a passenger safety issue caused by how she did it, she should have redone the connection without any fuss. He is the Captain and in control over EVERYONE working on the flight or having anything to do with it or it's safe operation. I've seen KLM pilots have a fit with flights attendants who were not paying attention to safety issues as they should. Safety rests on the captain's shoulders and they should be respected for that.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Keep in mind that this story is being reported just by Daily Mail and no other news source. That is nothing better than a rag tabloid.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Keep in mind that this story is being reported just by Daily Mail and no other news source. That is nothing better than a rag tabloid.
??? Sorry, but cant resist...
Did you even read the story?
Lost likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by Lakeviewsteve
He clearly shouldn't have grabbed her neck, but SHE should have obeyed his orders because he is the captain. If she was the one who tried lining up the plane with the finger and he felt there was a passenger safety issue caused by how she did it, she should have redone the connection without any fuss. He is the Captain and in control over EVERYONE working on the flight or having anything to do with it or it's safe operation. I've seen KLM pilots have a fit with flights attendants who were not paying attention to safety issues as they should. Safety rests on the captain's shoulders and they should be respected for that.
That makes absolutely no difference. There are no circumstances under which anyone should be grabbing anyone by the neck short of self defense no matter what authority they have. Way to get the ball rolling on victim blaming though.
Lost and kellzbellz like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
He shouldn't have touched her, period. I wouldn't want a captain with such lack of self-control.
IndyHoosier, Lost and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Happy international women's day!
DatBoi and wrp96 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
Happy international women's day!
Yup, all woman only, no men.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
THis flight?? Sao Paulo to Miami, early Thurs morning. Not canceled, and not very late
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...330Z/SBGR/KMIA

If not this flight, which one? I notice the reporter didn't indicate a flight number, but this is the only "early morning" flight\
EDIT: I missed the part about this being AA930, but that was due to take off in the early hours of Thursday morning.as indicated by the "reporter"
AA906 leaves early in the morning

Last edited by mvoight; Mar 9, 2018 at 8:35 am
Old Mar 8, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mvoight
If not this flight, which one? I notice the reporter didn't indicate a flight number, but this is the only "early morning" flight
Article says AA 930. Looks like it didn't depart on Wednesday night.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 4:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The only bit I can agree with is the 1st sentence as far as the comma - he should not have assaulted her under any circumstances

He may be the captain of the aeroplane, but the aerobridge operator is not someone who works for the pilot. If he disagreed with the setup then he should have contacted a senior person in that area and raised the issue
wrp96 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
#goingforgreat #teamwork
Old Mar 9, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Sadly, I'm not surprised. I've seen crew members/airline staff come close to blows a decent amount of times.

If true, what a moronic thing to do, pizzz a 32yr career and a cushy job down the toilet for something so trivial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.